Inventor Engineer-To-Order (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor ETO Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor ETO topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5
TomMcKeand
567 Views, 4 Replies

mixed units

I'm sure this is something realy dumb that I'm missing. I have a child assembly that when it is initiated comes in with meteric units, when everything else is in inches. Why would a child assembly have meteric units when the parent is in inches and the assembly itself is in inches. Very wierd, but I'm sure I'm just missing some setting.

Tom McKeand
Saber Industries, Bossier City, LA
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TomMcKeand
in reply to: TomMcKeand

Any Ideas would be helpfull.

Tom McKeand
Message 3 of 5
pbrade

My understanding is that assemblies will get the units set up from the Standard.iam file in the Templates folder.  This folder being identified by the project file.  So the Standard.iam becomes the base file for building the assemblies.  I have no idea how you would get one assembly in metric and all the others in English.  Hope this information helps in sorting out your issue.

Pete

Message 4 of 5
TomMcKeand
in reply to: pbrade

It is very strange.

This is a part in the doorAssembly in side the parent WallAssembly. As you can see, the constraint offsets for the part in the door assembly is metric while the constraints for the doorAssembly in the wallAssembly are in inches.

When I open the doorAssy seperatly, the same part constraint offsets are in inches.

Very wierd.

Tom McKeand
Message 5 of 5
TomMcKeand

Looks like this fixed in SP1 for inventor 2012

Tom McKeand

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report