Inventor Engineer-to-Order

Employee
ebachrach
Message 1 of 2 (142 Views)

how to stop a dynamic part deletion and do something else

142 Views, 1 Replies
07-30-2012 10:19 AM

To keep my UI's "Delete" command generic, I would like my user interface to support the following behavior relying on ETO reactors instead of custom UI code.

- user command causes a call to deleteddynamicchild to try and delete a user identified (ETO) part.

- for certain parts or certain situations of the same parts, instead of deleting the part, a different action needs to occur, e.g. write a rule on the part.

As I understand it, the way to stop the part deletion is by using the allowdelete? rule.

However, this will stop the predeleteself() method from being fired as well, leaving me with no way to cause my other action to occur.

Anyone have an approach for this?

thanks

Elly

--
Autodesk
Elly Bachrach
Solutions Architect
Autodesk Global Services
Direct +1 (847) 676-2880
elly.bachrach@autodesk.com

************************************************************************************
If this post helps, please click the "thumbs up" to give kudos
If this post answers your question, please click "Accept as Solution"
************************************************************************************
Board Manager
Jon.Balgley
Message 2 of 2 (131 Views)

Re: how to stop a dynamic part deletion and do something else

08-01-2012 08:53 AM in reply to: ebachrach

As we discussed in email, the best way to handle this is on the client side.  It is not possible for allowDelete to perform an action, nor is it possible for preDeleteSelf to cancel the deletion.

Jon Balgley
Autodesk Configurator 360 / Inventor ETO team
Autodesk, Inc.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube