Inventor Engineer-To-Order (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor ETO Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor ETO topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to stop a dynamic part deletion and do something else

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
ebachrach
360 Views, 1 Reply

how to stop a dynamic part deletion and do something else

To keep my UI's "Delete" command generic, I would like my user interface to support the following behavior relying on ETO reactors instead of custom UI code.

- user command causes a call to deleteddynamicchild to try and delete a user identified (ETO) part.

- for certain parts or certain situations of the same parts, instead of deleting the part, a different action needs to occur, e.g. write a rule on the part.

As I understand it, the way to stop the part deletion is by using the allowdelete? rule.

However, this will stop the predeleteself() method from being fired as well, leaving me with no way to cause my other action to occur.

Anyone have an approach for this?

thanks

Elly

--
Autodesk
Elly Bachrach
ETO/CTO Solutions Designer
Intelligent Configuration Solutions
Mobile +1 (773) 401-6980
elly.bachrach@gmail.com

************************************************************************************
If this post helps, please click the "thumbs up" to give kudos
If this post answers your question, please click "Accept as Solution"
************************************************************************************
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Jon.Balgley
in reply to: ebachrach

As we discussed in email, the best way to handle this is on the client side.  It is not possible for allowDelete to perform an action, nor is it possible for preDeleteSelf to cancel the deletion.

Jon Balgley

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report