Inventor Engineer-To-Order (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor ETO Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor ETO topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to load a dll with ETO 2013

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Bull_Frog_5299
536 Views, 4 Replies

how to load a dll with ETO 2013

I am still trying to upgrade a project from 2010 to 2013.  The 2010 project uses several CFUNCS which are compiled into dll files.  I don't know how to register these dll files with ETO.  I've tried putting the files in the places where Inventor/Intent should be looking.  I've also placed the corresponding iks files where I think they belong, but ETO keeps telling me unable to load "mydll.dll" DLL.  Any guidance will be much appreciated.  Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

I have a few questions so we can understand the problem better:

Where have you placed dll's and corresponding iks files?  

What does your intent code look like that accesses the DLL?  

When does it show you an error on the CFuncs?  On building an Intent assembly?

-Chris Rogers
Inventor Certified Professional

I have placed the iks files in the Design Files Directory of my project.  I also placed them at: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor ETO Components 2013\Library\Inventor\ivhostlib just for giggles.

I placed dll files C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor ETO Components 2013\Bin , C:\Windows\System32, C:\Windows\SysWOW64 (this is a 64-bit system), and also in the Design files directory of my project.

I realize these files only need to be in one correct place, but I'm grasping at straws trying to get this to work.

Intent Code:

Dim BasePoint1 As Point = (ivfindusingray(StartingPoint,Vector(0,1,0),Building.WallGroup.BaseBoard1))

ivfindusingray is defined in ExtraStuff.iks as:

Function ivFindUsingRay(objStartPoint As Point, objUnitVector As Vector, objPart As Part) As Point

ivFindUsingRay = CFunc("iv_FindUsingRay", "ExtraStuff")

End Function

ExtraStuff.dll is the trouble maker that ETO can't seem to load.  How do I load it?  Everything works fine on the original 2010 machine.  I just need to get all the pieces in place on the 2013 machine.

Message 4 of 5

You say that you have compiled the old CFunc logic into a dll but it looks like you are still calling the CFunc in the Intent function ivFindUsingRay.

Where are you getting the instance of the ExtraStuff.dll in Intent code?

Could you attach your dll so I can see how it is built?

-Chris Rogers
Inventor Certified Professional

Here is the trouble maker.  I gave a fake file name earlier to protect the innocent.  I changed the .dll to a .vtf so I could attach the file.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report