Inventor Engineer-To-Order (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor ETO Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor ETO topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turning Off Visibility of Work Plane not created by Intent

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
513 Views, 3 Replies

Turning Off Visibility of Work Plane not created by Intent

I have created an assembly level feature using Intent's :IvAssemblyExtrudeFeature design. To create the Assembly level feature, Intent creates a Work Plane. Unfortunately, that Work Plane is sometimes left visible.

I would like to simply turn off the Work Plane visibility but there is no entry for the Work Plane in the Automation Browser. This leads me to believe there is no Work Plane child I can access to do so.

Is there a command in Intent that will automatically turn off the visibility of all Work Geometry in an assembly?

Is there a way to control the visibility of a entity in the Model Browser that does not have an accompanying Intent Child?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
FarrenYoung
in reply to: Anonymous

This might help with turning off all work geometry. It basically just executes the Object Visibility command you would execute via the Inventor GUI. I haven't seen anything built into Intent to do this.
{code}
Method ToggleObjectVisibility() As Boolean

Dim iv As Any = Autodesk.Intent.IntentAPI.Instance.HostAPI.HostApplication
Dim oCtrlDef As Any
oCtrlDef = iv.CommandManager.ControlDefinitions.get_Item("AppAllWorkfeaturesCmd")
oCtrlDef.Execute()
Return oCtrlDef.Pressed

End Method
{code}
The second question again would likely require .net code inside Intent.
--Farren

************************************************************************************
If this post helps, please click the "thumbs up" to give kudos
If this post answers your question, please click "Accept as Solution"
************************************************************************************
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

A little more information here. It appears this is happening because of a defect in Inventor that is being addressed.
AutomationGuy's solution is the correct one.
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Thank you both. Your insight is appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report