Inventor Engineer-To-Order (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor ETO Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor ETO topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem installing Inventor ETO 2014

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
cex112
794 Views, 7 Replies

Problem installing Inventor ETO 2014

I have installed this (twice now) but when I run Visual Studio and open an ETO project, and then hit debug (F5) the systeem says Starting Inventor and Intent. But they don't.

Anyone any ideas? 

Thanks

Royston

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
MjDeck
in reply to: cex112

Did you have Visual Studio installed before you installed ETO 2014? If not, ETO will install Visual Studio Integrated Shell 2012. Is that the software that you're using?

Mike Deck
Software Developer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 8
cex112
in reply to: MjDeck

Hi,

Yes it is the integrated shell of VS 2012 that I'm using, or rahter trying to use.

I am on Windows 7 64 bit, and have VS 2010 installed from previous ETO install. 

Thanks

Royston

Message 4 of 8
saschajungluth3514

Hallo, i have a similar problem. I use Inventor 2014 on a windows 7 64-bit system. I have installed Inventor ETO 2014 and ETO installed Visual Studio Integrated Shell 2012. When i create a new project, the templates are there. But when i choose the Autodesk Inventor Design Library and click on the OK button, i get an error message (...HRESULT:0x80070057 (E_INVALIDARG)) When i click ok, i'm in Visual Studio, but in the menu is no ETO integration. What do i wrong? Greets Sascha
Message 5 of 8
MjDeck
in reply to: saschajungluth3514

Hello Sascha,

The problem described by Royston has been fixed in Inventor ETO 2014 SP1. There is a possibility that it will also fix the issue that you're describing.

If you still see the same behavior after installing SP1, please try the command File > Import Inventor Project. Does that show the same error message?

Mike Deck
Software Developer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 8
saschajungluth3514

Hello again,

i have installed SP 1 and Update 2 for SP1 now. The issue unfortunately
still appears.
In the menu "File" i don't have the possibility to choose "Import Inventor
Project ".
That's what i mean with "no ETO integration".

Greets
Sascha
Message 7 of 8
MjDeck
in reply to: saschajungluth3514

Sascha,

Please try these steps. Open a Command Prompt window and enter the commands:

cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\Common7\IDE

devenv /setup

Mike Deck
Software Developer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 8 of 8

I have the same issue, that i don't have the possibility to choose "Import Inventor Project". Is there any solution for this Problem, because my Inventor crashed always without any Error Message since i migrated from 2013 to 2014 and otherwise it is really difficult to find out where the error occurred. The Command Line Commands doesn't fix the problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report