Inventor Engineer-To-Order (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor ETO Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor ETO topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Path Editor tool for all IKS files with factory file path included ?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
TIMOHART
634 Views, 3 Replies

Path Editor tool for all IKS files with factory file path included ?

Hello ,

1st

We need to move our Factory Files which we formerly adopted. Due to our PDM system we can not stick to the folderstructur anymore. Now the path mentioned in the refering IKS file is wrong.

We talk about 1200 files which include the wrong path now . Is there a tool to set this right ?

2nd

What about checking for IKS files which are not in use. How to sort out those ?

Thank you / Regards

Timo

ETO 2014 R2
HP Z420 / Win7 X64
16GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro K4000

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
sszabo
in reply to: TIMOHART

Use relative file paths such as this in every directory you leave TOC.xml files:
<design name="Factory_Root" file="Factory_Root.iks" />

You can replace all of the paths with the correct paths via simple text search and replace no matter how many files there are or where they are located. All popular text editors such as Notepad++ allow you to do that, unless I am missing something. Let me know if I am misunderstanding your problem.
Message 3 of 4
JackGregory
in reply to: TIMOHART

I agree with comments above.  I would also note that an adopted part usually has two IKS files: one you should not change which is named "<yourPart>Adopt.iks", and another that is designed for you to change, named "<yourPart>.iks", which mixes in the adopt one.  The only path rule involved here is FactoryFileDirectory, which you can override in the editable file, and you can even stick in a new mixin "myPDMmixin" into that file so that you can control the path in one place, for all 1200 files.  So if you are going to edit 1200 files, I would do it in a way that you only have to do it once.

You may already have the right structure in place (with 1200 cases, I would hope so).

Message 4 of 4
TIMOHART
in reply to: JackGregory

Thank you for this SSZAbo , I will give it a try

However I like also the idea from Jack.

Jack you mean I put code in every "<yourPart>.iks" to override the FactoryFileDirectory or by telling that I do it ones I put coder or a mixxin in the IvAdoptedPartModifier ? What other way would be there to reach all Adopted Files ?

Thank you / Regards

Timo

ETO 2014 R2
HP Z420 / Win7 X64
16GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro K4000

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report