Inventor Engineer-To-Order (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor ETO Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor ETO topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4
justinrice
436 Views, 3 Replies

Mass Update

I'm trying use the Model Mass Properties in the title block of an ETO generated drawing.Mass Prop.png

What is the best way to force the physical iProperties to update in the model being placed on the drawing?

When I use IvExtGetPartMass() it returns the mass to ETO but does not update in the drawing. SO I could fake it out and create a custom iProperty in the drawing and write that value to it but I would perefer to directly reference the model property in the drawing.

I tried this code also:

InventorApplication.CommandManager.ControlDefinitions.get_Item("AppUpdateMassPropertiesCmd").Execute()

But I got the same results.  The command manger approach only works if I have the assembly active which makes sense but I'm not sure how to call it before the drawing is created.

Ultimately it seems like it comes down to a timing issue.  I need the physical properties updated before the drawing is created which in this application there is now addtional user interaction to create the drawing.

Thanks

Engineering Intent
JustinRice@EngineeringIntent.com
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ludesroc
in reply to: justinrice

You could create a Custom Parameter (i.e. myPartWeight = 1) and enable the Export Parameter checkbox. Then create a simple iLogic rule (iProperties.Mass = myPartWeight). This should update the part mass. Note: You could also add a event trigger to manage when you want the rule to run . You should be able to access this new custom parameter on your drawing document. Regards,
Ludesroc
Message 3 of 4
justinrice
in reply to: ludesroc

If I have to this was the work around I was planning on as well. Thanks for confirming that.   However, I was hoping to figure out how to accomplish it in process during the drawing creation.  Ultimately I want to make sure I put a solutuon in place that will work with or without ETO controling the inventor model.

Engineering Intent
JustinRice@EngineeringIntent.com
Message 4 of 4
TIMOHART
in reply to: justinrice

Hello,

I simply use this function

Rule Mass AsNumber

Mass = IvExtGetPartMass(Me)

End Rule

Regards

Timo

ETO 2014 R2
HP Z420 / Win7 X64
16GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro K4000

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report