Inventor Engineer-To-Order (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor ETO Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor ETO topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IvSheetMetalPart very time consuming

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
intentdesign
397 Views, 3 Replies

IvSheetMetalPart very time consuming

Why do IvSheetMetalPart based designs slow down my ETO application so much? Is there a way to tune my application?

I work with Inventor ETO 2013 R2 / Windows 7 64 bit

Regards

Dieter

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JackGregory
in reply to: intentdesign

Dieter:

Are there a lot of punch patterns?

Can you file a issue with ADN and send them a sample?  This has come up before, but we need to see the case to give better info.

--Jack Gregory

Message 3 of 4
intentdesign

Hi Jack, The issue is the same without punch patterns. I filed the issue with ADN and sent the attached sample. ?I have attached a sample design to explain the issue. In this design you can choose a sheet design or a no_sheet design. No_sheet design is 10 times faster than the sheet design.. In my ETO application there are a great number of sheet parts with a lot of holes (IvSMPartPunchFeature). The IvShettMetalParts are extremely time consuming. How can we tune that. ? Regards Dieter cid:578190516@25012013-2D12 Mit freundlichem Gru? Dieter Meuthen IntentDesign Ingenieurb?ro f?r Regelbasierte Konstruktion Tel: +49 (0)2473 / 689488 Mobil: +49 (0)1705 / 450872 dieter.meuthen@intentdesign.de www.intentdesign.de
Message 4 of 4
JackGregory

Yes, when I said "punch patterns" I meant "lots of punch features".  These are known to be time-consuming.  We are gathering recommendations.  One recommendation is around the flat patterns.  If you are not planning to use the Flat Patterns, you can delete them in the factory parts, and re-adopt IPTs. That will give some time gain, because the Flat Patterns updates tend to be slow.

If you just make a change in Inventor (without Intent/ETO) on the IPT, a simple change takes about 3 seconds, which is fairly slow.  ETO can't make Inventor faster.  If you have many such parts, you are going to be taking that kind of time per part.  Of course, once they are cached, they are almost instaneous.

One strategy is to avoid the slow stuff with conditionals until you need the full monty.

--Jack Gregory

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report