Inventor Engineer-to-Order

Mentor
FarrenYoung
Message 1 of 2 (178 Views)
Accepted Solution

IvAssemblyExtrudeFeature not working in 2012 build 322, but works in 2013. help?

178 Views, 1 Replies
08-16-2012 03:52 PM

I read several posts here regarding this design not working in various builds, but from what I gathered it may or may not have been fixed in 2012 build 322.  I tested it in 2013 and can confirm the exact same project/code/assembly will work just fine.  I believe Tom mentioned getting a fixed inventor.dll from ADN to fix this problem, is it possible I could get the same?  I'm at the end of a project and switching to 2013 is not an option.

My Inventor.dll version is 5.1.0.322

Design CylindersAssembly : AssemblyExtrudeTestRoot IvAssemblyDocument

Child VerticalCylinder_1 As :VerticalCylinder
        ignorePosition? = False
        grounded? = False
        origin = Point(0.0, 0.0, 0.0)
    End Child

Child CircleSketch As :CircleSketch

End Child

Child CircleExtrude As :IvAssemblyExtrudeFeature
        sketchPart = CircleSketch
        sketchName = "Sketch1"
        extentDirection = :smileytongue:ositive
        distance = 400
    End Child

End Design

Thanks,

--Farren

************************************************************************************
If this post helps, please click the "thumbs up" to give kudos
If this post answers your question, please click "Accept as Solution"
************************************************************************************
Board Manager
sanjay.ramaswamy
Message 2 of 2 (142 Views)

Re: IvAssemblyExtrudeFeature not working in 2012 build 322, but works in 2013. h

08-17-2012 12:48 PM in reply to: FarrenYoung

Farren,

Unfortunately, we do not have a fix for this issue for the 2012 version. We are not aware of the dll fix that you are talking about, but it is unrelated to this.

If this issue is critical, please communicate this thru the ADN support channel and provide a business justification.

thanks,

Sanjay-

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube