Inventor Engineer-To-Order (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor ETO Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor ETO topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor "drawing" parts list sorting

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
798 Views, 1 Reply

Inventor "drawing" parts list sorting

I'm building a complex assembly and as such i need to attach to the drawing a parts list detailing quantities of items that are required. 

I've been testing the list out today and have had issues sort the parts list for ease of reading. All values for part numbers and their assocaiated lengths are correct, but when i attempt to sort the table by by Length (detailed in the iPart properties asa number) the columns are sorted as though they are text. 

For example, a list of numbers containing 100 2458 200 300 1120 would be sort as:

100 1120 200 2458 300.

Right clicking the parts list and then right clicking format column does bring up the right dialogue box, but ut the column "type" is set as text and i cannot change it. 

The parts list must be attached to the drawing for us to hand it to our fabricators. Does anyone know how i can sort these numbers numerically by more than the first digit?

Thanks. 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Jon.Balgley
in reply to: Anonymous

Is this an "ETO" (Engineer to Order) question?  You may have better luck asking this in the Inventor General forum.

Jon Balgley

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report