Inventor Engineer-To-Order (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor ETO Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor ETO topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor OEM: custom ETO program problem with Intent addin

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
mallorn
1229 Views, 5 Replies

Inventor OEM: custom ETO program problem with Intent addin

Hello,

I have build my ETO Intent addin. It works with my Inventor OEM, but I have Autodesk_Inv_ETO_Srs_2014_Eng_64bit installed on that computer.

The problem rises after I build my own installer with OEM Configurator.

1. I followed the iBlock V2 example regarding to “Creating an Inventor OEM Application.pdf” and it builds the installer that works in the deployment. iBlock does not use Autodesk.Intent.Inventor.StarterAddin.dll or Autodesk.Intent.Inventor.addin (checked on the deployment machine).
  2. In the same way I tried to install my addin files (called "iConstructor") and the OEM Configurator prepared the installation.
  3. The difference, I guess, between iBlock and my addin is using the Intent addin
  4. When I don't add Autodesk.Intent.Inventor.addin to OEM Configurator - my deployment does not work (it loads my ribbon and icons I prepared for UI) but Add-In Manager shows that Autodesk.Intent.Inventor.addin is not loaded
  5. When I'll add Autodesk.Intent.Inventor.addin to OEM Configurator, as an additional addin, the window with an error will appear on the deployment machine side after installation and try of run of my iConstructor: "ETO 2014: Cannot find Intent description file 'C : \ ProgramData\Autodesk\iConstructor 2014\Addins\Autodesk.Intent.Inventor.addin'." BUT: in this moment Add-In Manager shows that Autodesk.Intent.Inventor.addin is loaded... but the window of "New Intent Assembly" does not show and my program loads only the ribbon and clicking on my icons does not do anything.
  6. If (on the deployment machine) I'll add C : \ ProgramData\Autodesk\iConstructor 2014\Addins\Autodesk.Intent.Inventor.addin - Inventor OEM will load without any error window, but but Add-In Manager shows that Autodesk.Intent.Inventor.addin is not loaded and there is no "New Intent Assembly" window and my program acts as abowe described.
  7. How to make my addin work with Intent, do I have to install Inventor ETO Components 2014 on the deployment machine?
  8. Is there any version of Inventor ETO Components 2014 working without an extra licence?

Regards

Tomas

-------------------------
Tomasz Malinowski
Tags (3)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
wayne.brill
in reply to: mallorn

Hi Tomas,

Can you let me know if you have you used the ETO Series Install Builder?

There is a topic about this in the help file: 

http://docs.autodesk.com/ETOCOMP/2014/ENU/index.html?url=files/GUID-6A400C14-2E33-4324-B188-6228CDA8...

You can launch ETO Series Install Builder from the start menu. (Under Autodesk> Autodesk Inventor ETO Components 2014) 

Using the ETO Series Install Builder should create an install that will install everything needed for an ETO solution on a system without any version of Inventor previously being installed.

Thanks,

Wayne

Wayne Brill
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 3 of 6
mallorn
in reply to: wayne.brill

That would be great.

The problem is that i receive "The path is not of a legal form." error after hitting first "Next button" of ETO Series Install Builder.

ThePathIsNotInLegalForm.PNG

Tomasz Malinowski
Message 4 of 6
mallorn

Just to clarify: I have tested ETO Install Builder with the working iOEM configuration file from iBlock example (I mentioned above) and I receive the same "The path is not of a legal form." error.

I can't provide a screenshot right now (I'm using Windows7 different than English at the moment) but the error will appear also on Win7 EN, after I just click "Next" on the same window of above picture.

Tomasz Malinowski
Message 5 of 6
wayne.brill

Hi Tomas,

There is a discussion group post where this error was reported. (link below)

From that post:
"Figured out what went wrong. During OEM Configure, I must specify System Icon." 

Please check if specifying the System Icon in the OEM Confugurator solves the error in the ETO Install Builder.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-Customization/ETO-Install-Builder-Wizard-Got-quot-The-path-is...

Thanks,

Wayne

Wayne Brill
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 6 of 6
mallorn
in reply to: wayne.brill

Thank You Wayne!

Now I have my deployment working.

Tomasz Malinowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report