Inventor Engineer-To-Order (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor ETO Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor ETO topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intent.config: editing for a absolut designFiles Library

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
TIMOHART
741 Views, 6 Replies

Intent.config: editing for a absolut designFiles Library

Hello,

We have several ETO projects and what to link them to Intent.

Using the User Library is NO option in this case.

How do I edit this config File to have our designs available ?

This is what I added already but it does not work.

config_edit.JPG

Thank you / Regards

Timo

ETO 2014 R2
HP Z420 / Win7 X64
16GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro K4000

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
TIMOHART
in reply to: TIMOHART

Sorry for the typing error. Not "what" it is meant to read "want" .

Appart from this we managed to simply edit the path of the user Library so far .

config_edit#2.JPG

But we need several network paths to link all our released Design Files into the users Library.

Does anyone know how to add such new Standard Library including netpath to the Intent.config file.

Regards

Timo

ETO 2014 R2
HP Z420 / Win7 X64
16GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro K4000

Message 3 of 7
JackGregory

Adding an entry in the config file doesn't add it to the path, it just defines it.  You need to also add the entry to the Intent Search Path.  How this is done depends on your environment, but it is generally not done by rule, but via a loaded model file or something calling the Intent API at startup.  Can you give more information about the environment this wants to run in?

Message 4 of 7
TIMOHART
in reply to: JackGregory

Hi Jack,

The environment is WIN7. We want to run this cause of the problems I described earlier in another post.

"ETO independent Projekts linked with ETO Project Editor --> Now Vault ?"

Our Plan is to place the design files  on the network rather than in vault . So every time we have a new release we simply place the newly prepared

design files in this library. The config File will be modified on every WIN7 computer and everyone will work with the vaults single IPJ file having access to ALL ETO designs. As the ETO designs are for different Products we like to have more than just one User Library . With editing the existing User Library Path it already works but still the process is a bit difficult to define. can you support ? We are now ADN member !

Best Regards

Timo

ETO 2014 R2
HP Z420 / Win7 X64
16GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro K4000

Message 5 of 7
JackGregory

In the Inventor ETO desktop environment, the standard way to include directories into the Intent search path is to use the Inventor ETO Project Editor dialog box and include other projects.  I don't think the config file needs to be changed at all.  Have you tried this approach?  You need to create an Inventor project that points to the right directory, and then include that Inventor project using the ETO Project Editor.

Message 6 of 7
TIMOHART
in reply to: JackGregory

Thank you Jack ,

I admit that your way of linking the different projects together is a option. But then we face that only the ETO Assembly and the member files are managed in vault . What procedure describes a solution to also manage the ETO Design Files and Parts in Vault at the same time ?

your sollution:

FilesEto#1.JPG

Our Problem:

FilesEto#2.JPG

The question is how do manage the development and the output same time in vault.

I admit that for now the use of the User Library  is equal to linking the projects with the ETO Project Editor.

So I guess this post is not necessary any more and I will acknowledge your last post as solution.

But please let us know on how to get further in regards to our Problem. Are we bound to work with

vault with more than just one IPJ file ? 

User Library would make the benefit of having the project file of the actuall ETO development apart from

the used Design Files . This would make it possible to implement a development process to release the design files and then put them into the library.

The actual ETO development could be managed with a extra IPJ in Vault .

Thank you / Regards

Timo

ETO 2014 R2
HP Z420 / Win7 X64
16GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro K4000

Tags (1)
Message 7 of 7
TIMOHART

Here is what we want to do:

1.Use the User Library for the design files called by the vaults cad.ipj ( Parts will be placed under a second network path written in the adopt.iks files )

2. Manage development of the ETO Generators in vault at the same time.

Therefore:

A. Each development gets their own IPJ project file  with the path for the design files set to C:\Vault\CAD\.....\DesignFiles

B. Each development has its parts under the project location path ( C:\Vault\CAD\.....\Parts )

so we can develop ETO Configurators and the Users can work with the cad.ipj independently.

FilesEto#3.JPG

This procedure then requires to adjust the parts path in the adopt files after release. That the member files won't get put

in C:\Vault\CAD\Memberfiles  we will also need to modify this path via some modifiers.  Is this procedure practical from your point of view or do you have another solution ?

Thank you / Regards

Timo

ETO 2014 R2
HP Z420 / Win7 X64
16GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro K4000

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report