Inventor Engineer-To-Order (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor ETO Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor ETO topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ETO Studio 2013 vs Rule Annotations

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
ludesroc
322 Views, 1 Reply

ETO Studio 2013 vs Rule Annotations

Hi,

When accessing parameters through the ETO Model Browser in VS...It seams that VS doesn't recognize the rule annotations...

For example:

' Insulation.
<%%Category("Door Configuration"),_
%%DisplayName("Door Insulation"),_
%%Prompt("Door insulation"),_
%%Choices("Fiberglass|Urethane"),_
%%EvalChoices("False"),_
%%ChoicesDelimiter("|") >_
Parameter Rule DoorInsulationMaterial As String = "Fiberglass"

The parameter window only shows "Fiberglass"...and not the other choice option for this rule. 

Is there a setting that needs to be configured so VS displays the annotations correctly?

I'm using Visual Studio 2010 Professional.

Regards,

Ludesroc
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Jon.Balgley
in reply to: ludesroc

This is one of the changes between the "old" Inventor-based IDE and the new ETO Studio IDE.  ETO Studio is meant to be a "developer" interface, not a pseudo-end-user interface.  Hence we changed the behavior of the new "Parameters" dialog, as compared to the old-IDE "Part Editor" dialog.  The new Parameters dialog expects that you, as a developer, will input a formula to specify the value for each parameter ... and hence does not respect the rule-annotations regarding data (non-formula) input.

I.e., this means you have to input strings with double-quotes, and Names with a leading colon.

Personally, I think we (that is, "I") took this a step too far with respect to Name-type parameters.  It would have been easy to use the rule-annotations to "suggest" appropriate values, or something like that, and insert it with the leading colon.

Note that rule-annotations don't go away.  They're just not quite as useful.  ETO Studio respects other annotations, e.g., %%DisplayName for the Model Browser window and %%Category, etc., for the Model Properties window.

As much as I want people to use ETO Studio, I will point out that the old IDE is still available, just disabled by default.

Jon Balgley

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report