Inventor Engineer-To-Order (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor ETO Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor ETO topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4
tmckeand
458 Views, 3 Replies

ETO OEM Build

So, I built my new OEM ETO App and things have gone better.

I got my Addin running in Inventor OEM by loading the intent project properly and changing a value in the intent.config file. Thank you, Wayne.

After I used the ETO Install Builder Wizard and installing the new app, I found that my Addin would not work again. I did a little digging and found that the Intent folder in C:\Users\Public\Documents\[company]\[App Name]\Templates was missing. So I copied the intent folder from C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor OEM 2012\Templates and it started working.

Did I miss a step in the ETO Install Builder Wizard, or could this be a bug? It seams to me that  the ETO Install Builder Wizard should handle this.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
david_reaume
in reply to: tmckeand

Did I miss a step in the ETO Install Builder Wizard, or could this be a bug? It seams to me that  the ETO Install Builder Wizard should handle this.

Tom,

You missed a step.  ETO Install Builder Wizard does not assume which templates your application requires or where they are located.  You must specify in the Wizard if you want them to be included.

Dave

DaVeR
Message 3 of 4
tmckeand
in reply to: david_reaume

So I ran through the steps and I'm not sure wich one I missed. At what step through the wizard would I tell it what template to install and where?

It seems that since the English and Metric template folders are included with out any input, the Intent template folder would also, being a part of Inventor ETO. Just say'n

Message 4 of 4
david_reaume
in reply to: tmckeand

3rd page of the ETO Install Builder Wizard.  "Other Folders and Files". 

DaVeR

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report