Inventor Engineer-To-Order (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor ETO Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor ETO topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappearing Dimensions Simplified

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
bigvik
641 Views, 2 Replies

Disappearing Dimensions Simplified

Good Morning

A few days ago I posted about a problem I was having with dimensions that disappear when the drawing is rebuilt (not quite sure that is the correct term). I still haven't figured out how to solve it, but I discovered that the problem seem to happen only when I use Axes or Workpoints as entities for the dimension. I simplified my script and my example so it is easier to see were the problem happens. I hope somebody could help me because I dont know if the problem is with my Intent (I had some trouble with the installation), with my script (though I would doubt it as it is based mostly on functional examples) or if there is a known issue with that kind of dimensioning.

I repeat my problem. I generate a drawing like this

1.JPG

This is the result, which is exactly what I am looking for:

2.JPG

But when I deactivate and reactivate the checkbox one dimension disappears. The only difference of the dimension that disappears from the one that doesn't is that the one that disappears uses WorkPoints as entities (the same happens when I use axes) and the one that doesn't use entities I named as reference.

3.JPG

I attach the a winzip file which contains the complete project folder (just a part, an Intent assy, and the scripts). I guess you would have to adopt the part before the assy is functional, but maybe you know better than me.

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
bigvik
in reply to: bigvik

I forgot to mention. The dimension actually appears in the intent model tree but is just no visible.

4.JPG

Also, there are no errors while creating to drawing as to explain why the dimension is not shown, and as I said, it only happens when the Drawing is rebiult, not the first time it is created

Message 3 of 3
bigvik
in reply to: bigvik

Nevermind, I found a way to keep the dimension. I just did as if I was placing the dimension on Inventor: First I did two center marks (centerlines or projected axes would probably work for my original example, I haven't tested) and I placed the dimension on those center marks.

I'm sorry to have bothered you all and I hope my solution is helpful to someone else

Thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report