Inventor Engineer-To-Order (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor ETO Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor ETO topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
519 Views, 3 Replies

Dim text override

Does anyone know how to hide the dimension value?  I've tried commenting and deleteing out the "<DimensionValue/>" but the origional value remains.  Is there an API call or quick snip that anybody has?  I have also tried checking the "Hide Dimension Value" in the Edit Dimension dialog and then adopting it, but the value comes back.  Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Alright then, off to the idea board.

Message 3 of 4
FarrenYoung
in reply to: Anonymous

You will need to override the %%updateSelf rule (copy the entire rule into the Modifier design) of your drawing dimension design (IvLinearDimensionModifier would be needed for the IvLinearDimension design for example). Once you do that you will need to add the following bit of code to the end of that rule before the handle is returned.

Dim dimensionObject As Any = Autodesk.Intent.InventorUtils.ThisApplication.GetObjectFromHandler(handle)
dimensionObject.HideValue = True

Of course if you don't always want to hide the value replace True with a rule you add to IvLinearDimensionModifier (or whatever dimension type you're adding this to)
--Farren

************************************************************************************
If this post helps, please click the "thumbs up" to give kudos
If this post answers your question, please click "Accept as Solution"
************************************************************************************
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: FarrenYoung

Thanks Farren.  I'll give this a try and see how it goes.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report