Inventor Engineer-To-Order (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor ETO Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor ETO topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DevExpress License Required?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Radioflyer651
3544 Views, 5 Replies

DevExpress License Required?

This may sound like a stupid question, but in order to use the VS components (UIMessage, UIPartTree, UIPropertyGrid, IntentUIProject), do I have to purchase a DevExpress product?  When I add one of these components to my form, I initially get the dialog on the captured screen shot.

Did I skip over something obvious?

Thanks for your help,

Richard

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Yes, that is correct. In order to use any of the "UI Tools" component in VS, you do need a DevExpress license. Note that end users of the application don't need the DevExpress license, just the developers using/creating these VS components.

Sanjay-

Message 3 of 6

Just to clarify, only the UI Tools components for windows forms require a DevExpress license. One isn't required for using the Silverlight UI Tools controls.

Scott Anderson
Principal Software Engineer
Message 4 of 6

Thanks for the clarification, guys.

Richard

Message 5 of 6
bsee1
in reply to: sanjay.ramaswamy

That should probably be bolded in blinking red in the developer section.  I exaggerate, but as someone who has tried and completely failed to get UI Tools to work when developing with winforms, this would have been a useful bit of information.

Win7 x64 - 16gb ram
i7 3610qm
FirePro M4000

Inventor 2013
ETO 6.1
Message 6 of 6
sanjay.ramaswamy
in reply to: bsee1

Sorry for the inconvenience. It was indeed an oversight on our part to not have called that out explicitly.

For the UI Tools - I assume you're aware of the "ETO 2013 UI Tools Tutorial" sample posted here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=18361292&linkID=11268853

If getting a DevExpress license doesn't help you get thru that, we'd be glad to help you out.

Sanjay-

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report