Inventor Engineer-To-Order (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor ETO Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor ETO topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control Parts List Location

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
416 Views, 2 Replies

Control Parts List Location

Why does my parts list move?  I have it set up to wrap automattically.  When it does not wrap, it stays put.  When it does wrap, it moves.  Also, after de-intentifying and renumbering, it also moves.  When I place a parts list manually, my grip point is the LOWER right corner.  When I place a parts list with intent, the placement point refers to the UPPER right corner.  Is this an issue with the cross roads of Inventor and ETO?

My code:

Child PartsList As :IvPartsList
    Model = viewModel
    NumberOfSections = 1
    WrapAutomatically? = True
    placementPoint = Point(9.875,1.5,0)
    Renumber? = True
    MaximumRows = 4
End Child

This is what happens (the green dot is the placement point):

PartsListAnchorPoint.JPG

~alundr

Inventor 2013

ETO 2013 R2

12 GB RAM

Dual 6 core processor @ 2.4GHz

NVIDIA Quadro 4000 (2GB)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
JackGregory
in reply to: Anonymous

It is not clear to me what your images show.  A before and after some change would be more helpful.  You say it moves, but you don't say what action you take that results in a move.

Intent/ETO is just using the Inventor API; obviously Inventor has its own "wrap" logic and you are somehow triggering it.  But we need more info to be able to provide any sort of advice.

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: JackGregory

The same code creates the parts list.  It is set up to wrap when there are more than 4 rows. 

When there are 4 or fewer rows, it places the parts list where I want it.  (not wrapped)

When there are more than 4 rows, it moves it down off the page.  (wrapped)

You can see that the parts lists that are off in space off of the sheet are all wrapped

The parts lists that are placed where I tell them to be (on the green dots) are parts lists that are not wrapped.

~Andrew

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report