Inventor Engineer-To-Order (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor ETO Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor ETO topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect inventor 2014 model with visual Studio 2012

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
matrax1405
601 Views, 3 Replies

Connect inventor 2014 model with visual Studio 2012

Hi I'm new using ETO wanted to get started with inventor 2014 and Visual Studio 2012, I have my model in inventor now I want to make the connection with visual studio but I can not because I'm a beginner will not understand. Someone can help me. Robot Happy

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
MjDeck
in reply to: matrax1405

In Inventor, create a new assembly from an Intent design, or open an existing Intent assembly.

Then in Visual Studio, use the command File > Import Inventor Project. This will show a dialog. In the dialog, browse to your Inventor project (ipj) file. The command will create a new Visual Studio solution based on that project.
If Inventor is running, Visual Studio will connect to it. Then any changes you make to the designs in VS will show up in the Inventor model.

The next time you want to open the project in Visual Studio, you don't have to Import it again. You can open the solution (sln) file using File > Open > Project/Solution.  After you do that once, the solution will be in your Recent Projects and Solutions list.

Here is a video.

Mike Deck
Software Developer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 4
matrax1405
in reply to: MjDeck

Hello thank you very much for answer, and try to do what you mention in the solution, but I like to see the video, I went to the link you mentioned and not miss any video, if I could pass the link of the videos will be obliged as much Robot Very Happy

Message 4 of 4
MjDeck
in reply to: matrax1405

The video is on that web page. Can you access the website? Which browser are you using: IE, Chrome or Mozilla? If it is IE, please indicate the version number.

If you see an error message, please post the error here.

Mike Deck
Software Developer
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report