Inventor Engineer-to-Order

Contributor
intentdesign
Message 1 of 3 (241 Views)
Accepted Solution

Accessing Inventor Host API from rules

241 Views, 2 Replies
10-06-2012 02:45 AM

Rule WriteItemNumber As String Dim InventorApplication = Autodesk.Intent.IntentAPI.Instance.HostAPI.HostApplication Dim RootPart = InventorApplication.ActiveDocument 'GetHostObject(root) Dim oBom = RootPart.ComponentDefinition.BOM 'Dim oBOMView = oBom.BOMViews[1] '<---That doesn't work Dim oBOMView = oBom.BOMViews.Item("Structured") '<---That doesn't work too Dim i As Integer = 0 oBOM.StructuredViewEnabled = True oBOM.StructuredViewFirstLevelOnly = False oBOM.PartsOnlyViewEnabled = False For Each oBomRow In oBOMView.BOMRows oBomRow.ItemNumber = "Test" i=i+1 Next Return Format("%d ItemNumbers are changed",i) End Rule

I try to modify the Inventor BOM ItemNumber from Intent rules via API. The attached code doesn't work.

Is it possible to do it in this way?

Dieter

Employee
colin.mccoy
Message 2 of 3 (235 Views)

Re: Accessing Inventor Host API from rules

10-06-2012 02:30 PM in reply to: intentdesign

Try

Dim oBOMView = oBom.BOMViews.get_Item("Structured")

Contributor
intentdesign
Message 3 of 3 (223 Views)

Re: Accessing Inventor Host API from rules

10-08-2012 03:57 AM in reply to: colin.mccoy

Hi Colin

Thank's for your answer. You gave me the answer that let me find the following solution which works fine.

<%%Category("Positions_Nr")> _
     Rule WriteItemNumber As Any
          Dim InventorApplication = Autodesk.Intent.IntentAPI.Instance.HostAPI.HostApplication
          Dim RootPart = InventorApplication.ActiveDocument 'GetHostObject(root)
          Dim oBom = RootPart.ComponentDefinition.BOM
          Dim Bauteilnummer As String = ""
          oBOM.StructuredViewEnabled = True
          oBOM.StructuredViewFirstLevelOnly = False
          oBOM.PartsOnlyViewEnabled = False
          Dim oBOMView = oBom.BOMViews.get_Item(2)
          Dim oBOMRows = oBOMView.BOMRows
          Dim iRows As Integer = 0
          For i = 1 To oBOMRows.Count Step 1
                Dim oBOMRow = oBOMRows.get_Item(i)
                Bauteilnummer = oBOMRow.ComponentDefinitions.get_Item(1).Document.PropertySets.get_Item(3).get_Item(2).Value
                oBomRow.ItemNumber = getPosNr(Bauteilnummer,Me.Baugruppe_Pos_Nr)
                Dim oChildRows = oBOMRow.ChildRows
                For j = 1  To oChildRows.Count Step 1
                     Dim oChildRow = oChildRows.get_Item(j)
                     Bauteilnummer = oChildRow.ComponentDefinitions.get_Item(1).Document.PropertySets.get_Item(3).get_Item(2).Value
                     oChildRow.ItemNumber = getPosNr(Bauteilnummer,Me.Stanzteil_Pos_Nr)
                     iRows=iRows+1
                Next
          Next
          Return Format("%d Objekt-Nummern wurden überschrieben!",iRows)
     End Rule

Regards

Dieter

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube