Inventor Customization

Contributor
Message 1 of 1 (152 Views)

working with 3d face/mesh models in Inventor

152 Views, 0 Replies
03-23-2011 09:33 AM

We are seeing a lot of users requiring the ability to read in Autocad DWG files with thousands of 3D faces in them - originating either in DXF or IGES (coming from some weird Autocad add-in). Yes I know we can thicken/convert etc etc - I've read the blogs.

BUT

These files really sloooooowwwwww down Inventor. My question is, what is the lightest file format we can view/use in Inventor?

My thoughts are, if we could convert these faces/surfaces to client graphics and have points at the vertices for the user to snap to - would this work? Can client graphics be made permanent in an Inventor file?

I've also seen the mesh enabler on labs - is this any use?

Dave

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you interested in helping shape the Autodesk Community?
We’re looking at a few different ways to improve the “All Forums” landing page and need your feedback! If interested, please take a few minutes to fill out the following Usability Study. Thank you for your time!

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube