Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vba and .Net

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
LonesomeJoe
260 Views, 2 Replies

vba and .Net

Hi, y'all.  I have a ".Net" question.  We're running R2010, and I've written several VBA macros to automate some of the paperwork we do for our projects.  We're getting ready to change to a new release, R2014 likely, and I'm wondering how much pain and heartache I'm looking at to update the macros.  I presume that R2014 no longer has a VBA interpreter, but uses .Net, and that my macros will have to be changed.

The code I'm most concerned with is a Public Function (I think...) macro I got off this board years ago.  It creates an "emulation" of the Windows "File Open"/"Save"/etc. window which can be used to select files, folders, etc. in a macro.  I dread having to convert it, as it's really complex.  If anyone knows the macro I'm speaking of, and can possibly direct me to code that's ".Net" for it, I'd be EEETERNALLY grateful.... Thanx.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
nmunro
in reply to: LonesomeJoe

VBA is still included in IV2014. You should test your macros before upgrading all your users.

https://c3mcad.com

Message 3 of 3
Gruff
in reply to: LonesomeJoe

If you are using 64 bit inventor then you may have issues with Windows API declares or 32 bit database drivers. Other than that I had no problems. VBA 7 the 64 bit version need to use PtrSafe for each declare and 64 bit datatypes in some cases. If you are using less than 64 bit MS Office 2010 then you will not be able to connect to the standard database types.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report