Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

symbol to show in the toolbar

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
akosi
491 Views, 5 Replies

symbol to show in the toolbar

is there a way to show the user symbols in the toolbar?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
wayne.brill
in reply to: akosi

Hi,

Can you add more detail about what you are trying to do? If possible upload a screenshot and maybe a code example that is not working that will help explain.

Thanks,

Wayne Brill
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 3 of 6
akosi

this is just an idea.

im just wondering if its possible to create a user sketch symbol and have like a library of it and be able to show all the user symbol in the toolbar, so user can pick from that to insert.

all that using vba.

hoping its possible...Smiley Indifferent

Message 4 of 6
wayne.brill

Hi,

I believe this is possible. As a quick test insert a user form to a VBA project and add a image conrol to the form. The image control has a picture property. You can set this property to an image file such as a .bmp or jpg. You can create the image file by taking a screenshot of the sketchedsymbol. The image control has a click event. When you show the form and click on the image you can run code that inserts the SketchSymbol.

The more complex part of doing this would be getting the coordinates to place the sketchedsymbol. (also the rotation). This sample in the help file creates a SketchedSymbolDefinition and adds a SketchedSymbol to the active sheet. The coordinates and rotation are hard coded. You could have a button on the form that gets the coordinates to use. To create a drag image you could use InteractionEvents.

You could also create an Add-In that adds a ribbon panel that has pictures and inserts them when they are clicked. The StandardIcon and LargeIcon are properties of  the ButtonDefinition that would be added to the ribbon. 

Thanks,

Wayne Brill

Message 5 of 6
akosi
in reply to: wayne.brill

how do i create an add in?

what software should i have or use?

Message 6 of 6
wayne.brill

Hi,

This blog post has an example of creating an Add-In. (Lab 10)

http://modthemachine.typepad.com/my_weblog/2012/02/inventor-api-labs-step-by-step.html

Also see the "Creating an Inventor Add-In" topic in the help file. Here on my system:

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor 2014\Local Help\admapi_18_0.chm"

I am using Visual Studiio Pro. This discussion thread discusses using VS 2012 Express.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-Customization/Autodesk-Inventor-Wizards-for-Microsoft-Visual-...

Thanks,

Wayne Brill

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report