Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

oDoc.IsModifiable true or false

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Mark_Wigan
752 Views, 3 Replies

oDoc.IsModifiable true or false

hi,

i have spent quite some time on this but no success...

so far i don't know if i am doing something wrong or if this is not able to be changed with API, but i am trying to change the flag "IsModifiable" (in the document object) to be set to "True" for files that are flagged as False.

i can successfully read this flag and make choices around its status however i cannot figure out how to change it.

any help is geatly appreciated as always.

best regards,
- Mark

(Kudo or Tag if helpful - in case it also helps others)

PDSU 2020 Windows 10, 64bit.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
nmunro
in reply to: Mark_Wigan

The property is read-only so there is no way to affect it directly.

https://c3mcad.com

Message 3 of 4
MegaJerk
in reply to: Mark_Wigan

First let's look at the description of IsModifiable in the API help : 

Property that returns whether this document can be currently modified. One of the reasons a document may be non-modifiable is if any other document belonging to the file containing this document is currently being edited. 

This describes a read only property that is being calculated from various things such as which file the document being looked at is attached to, as well as aspects such as the location of the file in the project's hierarchy (is it library / content?) and even the status of the file on your hard disk drive (is it read only???). 

If you want to change the modifiable status to true, then those things need to be evaluated and altered. 

If my solution worked or helped you out, please don't forget to hit the kudos button 🙂
iLogicCode Injector: goo.gl/uTT1IB

GitHub
Message 4 of 4
Mark_Wigan
in reply to: nmunro

thankyou to you both.

best regards,
- Mark

(Kudo or Tag if helpful - in case it also helps others)

PDSU 2020 Windows 10, 64bit.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report