Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mdf vs idcl

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
admin
1006 Views, 1 Reply

mdf vs idcl

Hello,

I've recently installed Inventor 2010. I began by installing all of the contents of the 6 "Inventor Suite" disks, including the Content Center. I then installed the separate "Vault Server" disk (which also had Content Center on it), however I didn't realize there was a difference between the Content Center on disks 1-6 (which creates .idcl files) and the Content Center on disk 7 (which creates .mdf files).

I have made this realization after already doing a fair bit of Content Center customization based on the wrong file types (.idcl). I need my library to show up as an mdf.

Is there a relatively painless way to recover the work I have already done? Or do I have to start from scratch?

Thank you.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
LOONYLEN
in reply to: admin

This issue may effect me as well when migrating to 2012.

I also do quite a bit of custom Content Center creation.

Will I need to know about the differences between these two extentions?

I'm currently using 2010 without Vault, but will be installing Vault 2012 with Inventor 2012.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Len

Senior Designer/Cad Administrator
Inventor 2012, w/SP2
Vault Collaboration 2012
Dell Precision T3500, Intel Xeon CPU
W3680 @3.33GHz, 16.0 GB of RAM
Microsoft Windows 7 Pro, 64 Bit Edition
Version 2009, w/SP1

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report