Inventor Customization

Contributor
joao.av.c
Message 11 of 17 (286 Views)

Re: macro/code to export all the parameters information (..)

05-25-2012 03:34 AM in reply to: yuhanzhang

It worked ! :smileyvery-happy:

Thank you so much for your help, once again, without you I wouldn't be able to finish my project !

Regards,

JVC 

Contributor
joao.av.c
Message 12 of 17 (282 Views)

05-28-2012 01:09 PM in reply to: yuhanzhang

Hello and sorry for the late response, i had tons of work to do :/

Yes, the IVB you provided me works really well, thank you!

But (once again), i just have one more doubt:
- when you define a hole tolerance as H7 (or other), Inventor automatically sets the upper and lower tolerance values according to the nominal diameter of the hole, right ? So, my question is: when Inventor sets these values, is there a way to access and export them both - H7 and the respective tolerance values (upper and lower) ?

I'm not sure if I explained myself correctly, but if you can help me or have any questions, feel free to ask them !

Thank you again,

Regards
JVC 

Employee
yuhanzhang
Message 13 of 17 (279 Views)

05-28-2012 06:28 PM in reply to: joao.av.c

Sure, the Upper/Lower values are already there and you can export them. See updated attachment.

Rocky Zhang
Inventor API
Manufacturing Solutions
Autodesk, Inc.

Contributor
joao.av.c
Message 14 of 17 (268 Views)

05-31-2012 04:12 AM in reply to: yuhanzhang

Hello, and I'm sorrry for the late response !

It aal works perfectly fine , thank you !

Contributor
joao.av.c
Message 15 of 17 (258 Views)

06-19-2012 04:26 PM in reply to: joao.av.c

Hello,

I hope you're doing well.

Regarding to the previous problem I had, there is a question I sttil have:

- when modelling a part file in Inventor, only the dimensions we set (dimensions we give a name and a value), are listed in the parameters table. This way, the macro you gave me only exports the information listed in that table. 

- the information listed in the parameters table is based on sketches and features dimensions, as obvious.

So , my question is: is it possible to access the information (dimension values) contained in a feature (or a sketch) without setting a specific name or value to it?

For example, in the attached pictures, if a rectangular form is drawn and the dimensions are setted, these will be lisetd in the parameters table (see attached  "pic1" and "pic1 - params").

But, in the other hand, if the same rectangular form is drawn, but this time without setting any dimension, the parameters table will be empty, obviously (see attached  "pic2").

After this, i can surely presume that Inventor saves or keeps this information somehow, somewhere, without having to set dimensions or values.

So, my question is: is it possible to access sketches and/or features information without setting this values?

I hope i have explained my doubt correctly, if not, let me know!

My best regards, 

JVC

Active Contributor wei
Active Contributor
wei
Message 16 of 17 (208 Views)

10-15-2012 02:30 PM in reply to: joao.av.c

Hello, Zhang:

I tried to do as you said, I got a inform " User Defined type not defined"

What can I do now?

Thanks!

Wei

Employee
yuhanzhang
Message 17 of 17 (189 Views)

10-21-2012 07:04 PM in reply to: wei

This sounds like a similiar issue I mentioned above, you should have a proper Excel Object Library referenced for this VBA to work. The attached VBA has the Excel 2010(14.0) referenced, if you have a different Excel version installed you should change it to yours. You can get to the References dialog from Tools->References....

Hope this helps.

Rocky Zhang
Inventor API
Manufacturing Solutions
Autodesk, Inc.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube