Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ipart or replace component

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
wjk221
303 Views, 3 Replies

ipart or replace component

So I have an assembly that is a structural steel tower. I am running into problems when it comes to adding ot removing components. Specifically when the tower is under 10' tall the center crossbeeam is no longer necessary. And when it is between 10' and 20' one is necessary. Between 20' and 30' two are needed and so on. I know that populating the number of cross beam brackets are easy using a pettern, untill you want to remove them completely. Would it be better to use an ipart and then the replace with different row or is there another way to delete parts or not show hidden parts on the BOM? and help would be greatly appreciated

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
rjay75
in reply to: wjk221

A simple way to do it is to place the 2 beams. One beam is left as single. The second beam is patterned so you have a minimum of 2.

Then under 10 feet, suppress beam_1 and beam2_pattern.

Between 10-20 feet, beam_1 unsurpressed and beam2_pattern suppressed.

Above 20 feet, beam_1 surpressed and beam2_unsurpressed.

Message 3 of 4
wjk221
in reply to: rjay75

I tried that, but the problem with supressing the beams is that they still show up in the BOM. Unless there is a way that I dont know to make that not happen

Message 4 of 4
rjay75
in reply to: wjk221

They must be suppressed and have their BOMStructure changed to Reference to be removed from the BOM. This is what the iLogic IsActive function does.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report