Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ilogic function to update local styles to match Style Library

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
waynehelley
2850 Views, 4 Replies

ilogic function to update local styles to match Style Library

Does anyone know of an ilogic function to update local styles to match Style Library?

I have a snippet of code that, on a drawings, deletes the current parts list (if one exists), then inserts a new parts list which I want to be up to date with the Style Library.

Wayne Helley
Inventor 2013 Certified Professional

Autodesk Inventor Professional 2023
Visual Studio 2022
Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi,

PartsList.Style is read/write. I think you can change it directly without deleting the partslist and adding it again. In addition, Style.UpdateFromGlobal can updates this style from the global repository. 

Message 3 of 5

I can run the following

Dim oDrawingDoc As DrawingDocument oDrawingDoc = ThisApplication.ActiveDocument   Dim oSheet As Sheet   oSheet = oDrawingDoc.ActiveSheet

Dim oPartsList As PartsList   oPartsList = oDrawingDoc.ActiveSheet.PartsLists.Item(1)     oPartsList.Style.UpdateFromGlobal

but my parts list does not update unless I delete it and reinsert it or select my parts list then click the drop down to change the style and reselect my 'By Standard' style. Is there a line of code I could use to automate the latter?

Something along the lines of...

oPartsList.Style.Change("By Standard (Parts List (ANSI))")

Wayne Helley

Visual Studio 2022
Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit
Message 4 of 5
waynehelley
in reply to: waynehelley

oPartsList.Style = oDrawDoc.StylesManager.PartsListStyles.Item("Parts List (ANSI)")

Wayne Helley

Visual Studio 2022
Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit
Message 5 of 5

Hi,

I still think this should work. Could you share a test demo file. Which property of PartsList you modified?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report