Inventor Customization

Contributor
Fleagle8t
Message 1 of 4 (355 Views)
Accepted Solution

ilogic form trigger

355 Views, 3 Replies
11-29-2012 03:18 PM

I have a ipt which is controlled via an ilogic form,this form is opened by ilogic code, which in turn is triggered when the ipt is opened.

my problem is when the part is placed within an assembly the said form is triggered and the same happens when the assembly is reopened!.... I would prefer if the form opened only when the ipt is opened or edited.... 

Is there a snippet of code for this? Or is it even possible?

Mentor
MegaJerk
Message 2 of 4 (335 Views)

Re: ilogic form trigger

11-30-2012 06:25 AM in reply to: Fleagle8t

Try the following code in the rule file that is being opened on open : 

Dim CurrentDoc as PartDocument = ThisDoc.Document  
If (Not (CurrentDoc Is ThisApplication.ActiveDocument)) Then Return
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If my solution seems to remedy your problem, please press the Accept Solution button, -
as it increases my power levels and will eventually help to elevate me towards outer space.

Check out my iLogic injection tool here : http://goo.gl/ce1Qg
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contributor
Fleagle8t
Message 3 of 4 (286 Views)

01-12-2013 12:24 AM in reply to: MegaJerk

Works at treat, thanks MegaJerk. :smileyhappy:

moorematt13
Message 4 of 4 (12 Views)

07-09-2014 07:02 AM in reply to: Fleagle8t

Hello, I came across this post and tried using the code in the solution. I still have problems at the assembly level, when I reopen the assembly all my forms will come up again. I have the event trigger set (in the iLogic part) to when the document opens the form will appear. but I would like to have it only appear once upon initial placement of the iLogic part.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube