Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ilogic code to change View Label Text

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Slothian
8866 Views, 11 Replies

ilogic code to change View Label Text

This has got me stumped. I am trying to rewrite Curtis Waguespack's ilogic code to modify drawing view labels from this post http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor-Customization/Custom-user-properties-in-view-label-o...

The completed label should appear like this

<Description> - Mk <Part Number>

Est Unit Mass = X kg

(Scale 1:1)

At this point I have 2 problems

1. I want to add the physical mass to the second line and would prefer to use the calculated physcial property rather than the a custom iproperty. If editing the view label, it would the property access under physcial properties.

2. I want to rewrite the code so it is selective or per view - in otherwords, I only want it to modify a single view I select once the code is run. At this point I know I need to remove the For loop but I dont have a clue as to how to make it selective.

So far this is what I have, any help would be much appreciated

Steve

'start of ilogic codeDim oDoc As DrawingDocument:  oDoc = ThisDoc.Document
oModel = ThisDoc.ModelDocument

Dim oSheets As Sheets
Dim oSheet As Sheet
Dim oViews As DrawingViews
Dim oView As DrawingView

oSheets = oDoc.Sheets

For Each oSheet In oSheets
oViews = oSheet.DrawingViews
    For Each oView In oViews
    oView.ShowLabel = True
        Try
        'format the model iproperties            oDescription = "<StyleOverride Underline='True'><Property Document='model' PropertySet='Design Tracking Properties' Property='Description' FormatID='{32853F0F-3444-11D1-9E93-0060B03C1CA6}' PropertyID='29'>DESCRIPTION</Property></StyleOverride>"
        oPartNumber = "<StyleOverride Underline='True'> - Mk <Property Document='model' PropertySet='Design Tracking Properties' Property='Part Number' FormatID='{32853F0F-3444-11D1-9E93-0060B03C1CA6}' PropertyID='5'>PART NUMBER</Property></StyleOverride>"

'Dim oMassStr As String = Round(oDoc.ComponentDefinition.MassProperties.Mass,0)
        'format the custom iproperty string and add the property ID        oStringMass = "<Br/><StyleOverride Underline='False' FontSize='0.35'>EST UNIT MASS = <PhysicalProperty PhysicalPropertyID='72449' Precision='0'>MASS</PhysicalProperty></Property>,</StyleOverride>"
        'oStringMass = "<PhysicalProperty PhysicalPropertyID='72449' Precision='0'>MASS</PhysicalProperty></Property>"        oStringScale = "<Br/><StyleOverride FontSize='0.3'>(Scale <DrawingViewScale/>)</StyleOverride>"

'add the custom iproperties to the view label        'oView.Label.FormattedText =  oDescription & oPartNumber & oStringMass & oStringScale        oView.Label.FormattedText =  oDescription & oPartNumber & oStringScale

Catch
        'do nothing if error        End Try
    Next
Next
'end of ilogic code
Tags (3)
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Vladimir.Ananyev
in reply to: Slothian

This sample rule prints the mass of the model
that is referenced by the first selected drawing view. 

Dim oSSet As SelectSet = ThisDoc.Document.SelectSet
If oSSet.count = 0 Then
	MsgBox("Select a drawing view")
	Exit Sub
End If

'Reference to the drawing view from the 1st selected object
Dim oView As DrawingView = trycast(osset.item(1), DrawingView)

If oView IsNot Nothing Then
	'do something with this drawing view

Dim oModelDoc as Inventor.Document =  ThisDrawing.ModelDocument

' Set a reference to the mass properties object.
	Dim oMassProps As MassProperties _
			= oModelDoc.ComponentDefinition.MassProperties	
	' Set the accuracy to medium.
	oMassProps.Accuracy = MassPropertiesAccuracyEnum.k_Low	
	Dim M As Double = oMassProps.Mass

MsgBox( "View: " & oview.Name & vbNewLine & _
		"Scale = " & oview.Scale.tostring & vbNewLine & _
		"Mass, kg  = " & FormatNumber(M, 3))		
Else
	MsgBox("Selected object is not a drawing view")
End If

Hope this helps.

Vladimir Ananyev
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 3 of 12
Slothian
in reply to: Vladimir.Ananyev

Thanks Vladimir, your code helped with the selection of the view and setting a static mass value to the view label.

Ideally I still would like the mass value to be dynamic and update if the assembly mass updates. My thoughts are that I would be able to access the view mass propoerty.

Anybody have any ideas on how to do that.

The code as it stands now which requires the user to select the view prior to running

'start of ilogic code
Dim oDoc As DrawingDocument:  oDoc = ThisDoc.Document
oModel = ThisDoc.ModelDocument

Dim oSheets As Sheets
Dim oSheet As Sheet
Dim oViews As DrawingViews
'Dim oView As DrawingView

oSheets = oDoc.Sheets

If oSSet.count = 0 Then
	MsgBox("Select a drawing view and rerun ilogic code")
	Exit Sub
End If

Dim oView As DrawingView = trycast(osset.item(1), DrawingView)

'do something with this drawing view

Dim oModelDoc as Inventor.Document =  ThisDrawing.ModelDocument

' Set a reference to the mass properties object.
	Dim oMassProps As MassProperties _
			= oModelDoc.ComponentDefinition.MassProperties	

' Set the accuracy to medium.
	oMassProps.Accuracy = MassPropertiesAccuracyEnum.k_Low	
	Dim M As Double = oMassProps.Mass

'MsgBox( "View: " & oview.Name & vbNewLine & _
	'	"Scale = " & oview.Scale.tostring & vbNewLine & _
	'	"Mass, kg  = " & FormatNumber(M, 3))		

oView.ShowLabel = True

'format the model iproperties	
		oDescription = "<StyleOverride Underline='True'><Property Document='model' PropertySet='Design Tracking Properties' Property='Description' FormatID='{32853F0F-3444-11D1-9E93-0060B03C1CA6}' PropertyID='29'>DESCRIPTION</Property></StyleOverride>"
		oPartNumber = "<StyleOverride Underline='True'> - Mk <Property Document='model' PropertySet='Design Tracking Properties' Property='Part Number' FormatID='{32853F0F-3444-11D1-9E93-0060B03C1CA6}' PropertyID='5'>PART NUMBER</Property></StyleOverride>"

'format the custom iproperty string and add the property ID
		oStringMass = "<Br/><StyleOverride Underline='False' FontSize='0.35'>EST UNIT MASS = "& FormatNumber(M, 0)&" kg</StyleOverride>"
		oStringScale = "<Br/><StyleOverride FontSize='0.3'>(Scale <DrawingViewScale/>)</StyleOverride>"

'add the custom iproperties to the view label
		oView.Label.FormattedText =  oDescription & oPartNumber & oStringMass & oStringScale

Else
	MsgBox("Selected object is not a drawing view")
End If

'end of ilogic code

Regards Steve

Message 4 of 12

Hi Slothian,

This should do it:

If oSSet.count = 0 Then
	MessageBox.Show("You must select a drawing view first", "iLogic")
Exit Sub
End If

Dim oView As DrawingView = trycast(oSSet.item(1), DrawingView)

oView.ShowLabel = True
oDescription = "<StyleOverride Underline='True'><Property Document='model' PropertySet='Design Tracking Properties' Property='Description' FormatID='{32853F0F-3444-11D1-9E93-0060B03C1CA6}' PropertyID='29'>DESCRIPTION</Property></StyleOverride>"
oStringMass = "<Br/><StyleOverride Underline='False' FontSize='0.35'>EST UNIT MASS = <PhysicalProperty PhysicalPropertyID='72449' Precision='2'>MASS</PhysicalProperty></StyleOverride>"
oStringScale = "<Br/><StyleOverride FontSize='0.3'>(Scale <DrawingViewScale/>)</StyleOverride>"

'add to the view label
oView.Label.FormattedText =  oDescription & oPartNumber & oStringMass & oStringScale	    

Else
	MessageBox.Show("The selected object is not a drawing view", "iLogic")
End If

Also see the attached text file in case the posted code has line break issues.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 5 of 12

Thanks Curtis appreciate the help, that adds the mass exactly the way I want it. 

Steve

Message 6 of 12
tuliobarata

Good morning all,

Looking this code, I remember something that I was trying to do. 

If I'm on the IDW getting the details of one IAM, in one view with just one part (just one isolated), is there a way to link this view with the Parts Lists and put the label of this view as its number of the part list ? I would use that instead of put ballons in some views with details of only one part. Some years ago I used to make this way, but on CAD (manually :S), it makes the drawing a little bit "cleaner".

Thanks

Túlio Barata

IV 2013
Message 7 of 12
FProcp
in reply to: Curtis_Waguespack

I am using Curtis's solution with modifications.

I don't know much about ilogic.

I want the View Label to be Justified Left.

Can someone please tidy up my chop and hack-work please?

I think my modifications are very messy.

This is what I've done:

SyntaxEditor Code Snippet

'Adds View Label under plate that includes Item, Part Number, Profile, Material & Quantity
If oSSet.count = 0 Then
Exit Sub
End If

oView.ShowLabel = True
oStringStock = "<StyleOverride Underline='True'>ITEM <Property Document='model' PropertySet='Design Tracking Properties' Property='Stock Number' FormatID='{32853F0F-3444-11D1-9E93-0060B03C1CA6}' PropertyID='5'>STOCK NUMBER</Property></StyleOverride>"
oStringScale = "<StyleOverride FontSize='0.2'> FLAT VIEW (<DrawingViewScale/>)</StyleOverride>"
oPartNumber = "<Br/><StyleOverride Underline='False' FontSize='0.2'>PART ID:    <Property Document='model' PropertySet='Design Tracking Properties' Property='Part Number' FormatID='{32853F0F-3444-11D1-9E93-0060B03C1CA6}' PropertyID='5'>PART NUMBER</Property></StyleOverride>"
oStringProfile = "<Br/><StyleOverride FontSize='0.2'>PROFILE:   <Property Document='model' PropertySet='Design Tracking Properties' Property='Description' FormatID='{32853F0F-3444-11D1-9E93-0060B03C1CA6}' PropertyID='29'>DESCRIPTION</Property></StyleOverride>"
oStringMaterial = "<Br/><StyleOverride Underline='False' FontSize='0.2'>MATERIAL:  <Property Document='model' PropertySet='Design Tracking Properties' Property='Material' FormatID='{32853F0F-3444-11D1-9E93-0060B03C1CA6}' PropertyID='20'>PART NUMBER</Property></StyleOverride>"
oStringAuth = "<Br/><StyleOverride Underline='False' FontSize='0.2'>QTY:        <Property Document='model' PropertySet='Design Tracking Properties' Property='Authority' FormatID='{32853F0F-3444-11D1-9E93-0060B03C1CA6}' PropertyID='5'>AUTHORITY</Property></StyleOverride>"

'add to the view label
oView.Label.FormattedText =  oStringStock & oStringScale & oPartNumber & oStringProfile & oStringMaterial & oStringAuth       

Else
End If
Dim oDoc As DrawingDocument = ThisDoc.Document
Dim oSheet As Sheet = oDoc.ActiveSheet
For Each oView In oSheet.DrawingViews
    If Not oView.Label.HorizontalJustification = HorizontalTextAlignmentEnum.kAlignTextLeft Then
        oView.Label.HorizontalJustification = HorizontalTextAlignmentEnum.kAlignTextLeft
    End If
Next

Franco
GMT +08:00
Message 8 of 12
FProcp
in reply to: FProcp

I've changed it to this:

SyntaxEditor Code Snippet

'Adds View Label under plate that includes Item, Part Number, Profile, Material & Quantity

If oSSet.count = 0 Then
Exit Sub
End If

oView.ShowLabel = True
oStringStock = "<StyleOverride Underline='True'>ITEM <Property Document='model' PropertySet='Design Tracking Properties' Property='Stock Number' FormatID='{32853F0F-3444-11D1-9E93-0060B03C1CA6}' PropertyID='5'>STOCK NUMBER</Property></StyleOverride>"
oStringScale = "<StyleOverride FontSize='0.2'> FLAT VIEW (<DrawingViewScale/>)</StyleOverride>"
oPartNumber = "<Br/><StyleOverride Underline='False' FontSize='0.2'>PART ID:    <Property Document='model' PropertySet='Design Tracking Properties' Property='Part Number' FormatID='{32853F0F-3444-11D1-9E93-0060B03C1CA6}' PropertyID='5'>PART NUMBER</Property></StyleOverride>"
oStringProfile = "<Br/><StyleOverride FontSize='0.2'>PROFILE:   <Property Document='model' PropertySet='Design Tracking Properties' Property='Description' FormatID='{32853F0F-3444-11D1-9E93-0060B03C1CA6}' PropertyID='29'>DESCRIPTION</Property></StyleOverride>"
oStringMaterial = "<Br/><StyleOverride Underline='False' FontSize='0.2'>MATERIAL:  <Property Document='model' PropertySet='Design Tracking Properties' Property='Material' FormatID='{32853F0F-3444-11D1-9E93-0060B03C1CA6}' PropertyID='20'>PART NUMBER</Property></StyleOverride>"
oStringAuth = "<Br/><StyleOverride Underline='False' FontSize='0.2'>QTY:        <Property Document='model' PropertySet='Design Tracking Properties' Property='Authority' FormatID='{32853F0F-3444-11D1-9E93-0060B03C1CA6}' PropertyID='5'>AUTHORITY</Property></StyleOverride>"

'add to the view label
oView.Label.FormattedText =  oStringStock & oStringScale & oPartNumber & oStringProfile & oStringMaterial & oStringAuth       
oView.Label.HorizontalJustification = HorizontalTextAlignmentEnum.kAlignTextLeft

Else
End If
Franco
GMT +08:00
Message 9 of 12
MSt-Louis

Thank you all for the codes.

They were very useful for me this week.

I have a little question though.…

When I enter a specific 'FontSize' (Text height) the value turns out to be in centimeters.

e.g. FontSize='0.2' stands for 0.2 cm

Is there a way for this value to be in another unit of measure?

e.g. in inches.

Thank you.

Message 10 of 12

Hi all,

I would like to modify this code to make my label like this...

<VIEW IDENTIFIER>

<PART NUMBER> - <DESCRIPTION>

<STOCK NUMBER> - <MATERIAL>

SCALE <SCALE>

The formatting in the template should be fine.

Right now I add the part number, description, stock number & material by editing each label.  Would save me tons of time to just run a rule.

Thanks to @Curtis_Waguespack for the original code.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Steven

Message 11 of 12

Hi @steven.coxVCM6J 

You can set your view label up just as you want to see it in an example drawing, and then run this rule to get the formatted text from that view.

Then you can create a rule to write out the formatted text as needed.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

If oSSet.Count = 0 Then
Exit Sub
End If

Dim oView As DrawingView = TryCast(oSSet.Item(1), DrawingView)

If oView IsNot Nothing Then oView.ShowLabel = True

InputBox("This is the formatted text" & i, "ilogic", oView.Label.FormattedText)

Message 12 of 12

Thank you @Curtis_Waguespack !

Took me a bit to figure out how to incorporate it, but it works perfect.

Thanks so much for all the education you bring!

Steven

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report