Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iLogic error can not find excel file after saving file as a template

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
rmn
Explorer
527 Views, 3 Replies

iLogic error can not find excel file after saving file as a template

I'm linking an excel file to an .ipt file with iLogic code determining if the Material type is a certian value it will find the correct material thickness. These file work great when working on them thru Vault but when I "Save As Template" and create this file where our other template files are located (not Vault) this fuction does not work. I have realized that I had to place the a copy of the excel file in the same file folder as the template ipt, but even this does not fix the issue. 

I recieve this error:

Error in rule: Material, in document: Part6

'MWW Materials (Inventor).xlsx' could not be found. Check the spelling of the file name, and verify that the file location is correct.

If you are trying to open the file from your list of most recently used files, make sure that the file has not been renamed, moved, or deleted.

It seems completly countintutive that just saving the file as a template file would cause this not to work when all files that are required are located in the same file folder.

Maybe I need a referance to the excel document within the iLogic code. I'm at a loss on this, any suggestions would be welcome.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
rmn
Explorer
in reply to: rmn

Additional info that did not get attached

Message 3 of 4
xiaodong_liang
in reply to: rmn

hi,

It looks this post was marked as solved by mistake? 

anyway, the original description shows the Excel file cannot be found. Have you tried with absolute path to see if it works? e.g.

MultiValue.List("Material") = GoExcel.CellValues("C:\MWW Materials (Inventor).xlsx", "VP", "A2", "A600")
Message 4 of 4
rmn
Explorer
in reply to: xiaodong_liang

Yes, in this instance when using Vault and creating a template it is necessary to give an absolute path which I have done and solves the problem. The only additional requirement was to add this path as a library in the .ipj. Thanks for your response.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report