Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iLogic - cancel Save operation by rule triggered by "Before Save Document" event

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
stancernak
1206 Views, 4 Replies

iLogic - cancel Save operation by rule triggered by "Before Save Document" event

Hello,

Can anyone help? I am quite new in iLogic. I would like to create an iLogic rule which will be triggered by event "Before Save Document". The rule should check whether valid material is assigned to the part and if not it should cancel tha save operation so user can assign correct material to it and try to save again. The only thing which I can't find how to do it is to cancel the save operation. Is there a way how to cancel the save operation by iLogic?

Thank you.

Regards,

----------------------
Stan Cernak
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Here is the comment from Mike Deck:

You could do it with an addin, using  ApplicationEvents.OnSaveDocument.  
iLogic also handles that event, but it doesn’t provide a way to specify the cancel argument.

Vladimir Ananyev
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 3 of 5

Is there now (Inventor 2020) a way to code iLogic to stop the saving process.

Thank you

Message 4 of 5

Hello all,

Is this yet possible in Inventor 2021?

Cheers!

Message 5 of 5
emaiolino
in reply to: stancernak

Can't do this yet? I'm trying the same thing and I can't find the correct result.

Esteban Maiolino
Titular EMBA Proyectos
Sitio web o nombre del blog
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report