Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iLogic - Update iproperties

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
TONELLAL
1990 Views, 3 Replies

iLogic - Update iproperties

Hello,

I have an iLogic form which define iproperties or parameters values.The form is ok, when I modify values in the form, the iproperties or parameters are modified in the part.

I need to use these values in another rule, to define the folder name where I want to save the part. So I have created a rule which display the form, then I use the properties or parameters defined in the form. The problem is the iproperties/parameters are updated only at the end of the rule, not when I close the form.

How can I use in the rule the values defined in the form ?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TONELLAL
in reply to: TONELLAL

Any idea ?

Message 3 of 4
mehatfie
in reply to: TONELLAL

Hi Tonellal

There is a Snippet that allows you to Update the document Immediately at a given point in the code. 

Look through the Snippets in the left column when editing an iLogic rule (I believe its under documents) and run your mouse over to highlight what each one does.

I believe this should fix your issue

Regards

Mitch

Message 4 of 4
TONELLAL
in reply to: mehatfie

OK, it seems to be solved by using iProperties.Value("Project", "Part Number")=Parameter("Length") instead of iProperties.Value("Project", "Part Number")=Length.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report