Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iLogic ThisBOM.OverrideQuantity change subcomponents

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
psp
Enthusiast
736 Views, 4 Replies

iLogic ThisBOM.OverrideQuantity change subcomponents

I am trying to change quantity of a part in the BOM. If I do it in Inventors BOM-editor only the assembly becomes dirty - as expected.

But if I use iLogic ThisBOM.OverrideQuantity then the part also gets dirty - thus triggering a "Do you want to check out from Vault" on the part.

Any suggestions on how to avoid this?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
psp
Enthusiast
in reply to: psp

It seems that it isn't related to the iLogic implementation, but to the API since both changing BOMRow.TotalQuantity or setting BOMRow.TotalQuantityOverridden to false has same behavior.
Still looking for a work around...
Message 3 of 5
mrattray

I'm not sure why it's dirtying the parts on you, but as a reach around until you get a good answer perhaps you could set the dirty property to false on each component hat you override for?
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 4 of 5
psp
Enthusiast
in reply to: mrattray

Unfortunately the "Do you want to check out..." dialog pops up immediately, so I have no chance to "un-dirty" the file.

Message 5 of 5
moyae

Sorry to bring up an old thread but I'm running into this issue as well. 

I'm trying to set the bomRow.TotalQuantity of the part in question but it asks to check the file out every time.

Did anyone find a solution to this?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report