Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iLogic Print Command

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
ComputerGuru666
938 Views, 1 Reply

iLogic Print Command

Is there a way to catch this command before it executes?

ThisApplication.CommandManager.ControlDefinitions.Item("AppFilePrintCmd").execute

Example: I want to use an iLogic form that is triggered via the iTrigger that users have to prompt to select what kind of print this is "RELEASE, REFERENCE, or DRAFT" once there selection is made the "Plot Stamp" in the title block is updated based on the selection and the print window is excuted with the above command.

Now I have all this worked out but being that this isnt a perfect world the problem is users still sometimes click the print button which does not prompt them for the print type nor update the "Print Stamp" Info which is a problem. Which is why I am wondering if a user clicks the print button can I prompt the iLogic form before the print options window comes up?

Thank you

Computer Specs:
Windows 7 (64 Bit) Pro. SP1, Inventor 2014 Pro, 3D Connexion SpaceNavigator (Driver 3.15.2)
Motherboard: ASUS Rampage IV Extreme x79 Socket 2011
Processor: Intel Core i7 Six Core Sandy Bridge-E 3.2GHz OCed to 4.7GHz (Under Water)
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaw Z-Series 32 gig quad channel of RAM 1800MHz OCed to 2133MHz
Video Card: 2x Nvidia Geforce GTX 770 (Running Six (6) Monitors)
Monitors: [Primary = 2x 24in HD WS][Secondary = 2x 22in HD WS][Tertiary = 2x 19in FS]
Primary Hard Drive: OCZ Vertex IV 256 GB Solid State Drive
Secondary Hard Drive: OCZ Vertex III 120 GB Solid State Drive
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hi,

I am afraid you have to use the event UserInputEvents.OnActivateCommand of Inventor API to watch when the Print command is executed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report