Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iLogic Form - Read Only

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
matt_jlt
3694 Views, 5 Replies

iLogic Form - Read Only

Hi everyone, I was wondering if there is a way to modify a user form parameter's read only status using a rule?

I have a parameter that I want people to be able to edit when another parameter is set to true and to be locked if it's set to false. The only thing that comes to mind is have a rule that will just switch the value back automatically if the user changes it but it would be good if i could control the read only status.

Thanks, Matt.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
adam.nagy
in reply to: matt_jlt

Hi Matt,

If you want to make a parameter in a form Read-Only based on a parameter's True/False value then you can just set that parameter for the "Enabling Parameter Name" in the form.

If the problem is that instead of making the value Read-Only when the parameter is False, you'd like to make it Read-Only when the parameter is True, then you could create an additional parameter and a associated rule for the locking parameter that would keep these two parameters' values opposite, and then use this extra parameter for the "Enabling Parameter Name"

Here are some pictures that should make it clearer what I mean:

ilogic1.png

ilogic2.png

ilogic3.png

Cheers,

Adam Nagy
Autodesk Platform Services
Message 3 of 6
matt_jlt
in reply to: adam.nagy

Hi Adam, is this functionality only available in 2013? I'm stuck on 2012 as where I work only swaps over versions every two years.

I guess I'll have to use my workaround until 2014 comes out.

Thanks for your help.

Matthew.

Message 4 of 6
adam.nagy
in reply to: matt_jlt

Hi,

I could achieve the exact same thing in Inventor 2012 as well - attached is the part I created.

When you modify the LockMyParam parameter to false then the MyParam edit box becomes read-only.

Cheers,

Adam Nagy
Message 5 of 6
raulcano
in reply to: adam.nagy

Fantastic Example adamnagy

Question?

You may do the same exercise but with a numeric parameter?

Apologize for my bad English.

Regards

Message 6 of 6
adam.nagy
in reply to: raulcano

The help text for the "Enabling Parameter Name" actually answers it (see the picture of the Form Editor dialog above): "The name of an Inventor True/False parameter. ..."

So you would need to create such a parameter, which could then be driven by a numeric parameter.

E.g. create the True/False paremeter named DontLockMyParam and then create a rule that drives it. Something like:

DontLockMyParam = (MyNumericParam < 10) ' If the numeric param is less than 10 then the parameter will be enabled

Adam Nagy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report