Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iLogic Component.Replace only works with Vaulted parts, not assemblies.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
psp
Enthusiast
1597 Views, 2 Replies

iLogic Component.Replace only works with Vaulted parts, not assemblies.

In an iLogic rule I do some file replacement like this:

Component.Replace("MyPart", "1.ipt", True)
Component.Replace("MyAssembly","2.iam", True)

1.ipt and 2.iam are Vaulted files. If they are missing in my working folder iLogic knows to look in the Vault before the rule fails. This is a nice feature - but for the assembly, 2.iam, it will only get the assembly itself from Vault. Not any parts referenced by the assembly. So the rule fails anyway.

Has anyone found a way around this problem?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
DeerSpotter
in reply to: psp

I know i know, last year...

But i got here this year regardless.

You said Vault will look for the missing parts in assembly? Then thats what the issue is. Its not the Component replace rule failing. It's your .iam 

What you need to do is Ilogic Update it at the end that will refresh all .ipt's and .iam's in current .iam

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
..........................................................................................................................
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
..........................................................................................................................

See My LinkedIn Profile
Message 3 of 3
Skadborg.NTI
in reply to: DeerSpotter

2013 couldn't do it. It's fixed in 2014.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report