Inventor Customization

Contributor
karram
Message 111 of 121 (1,451 Views)

i-Logic sectional views

09-13-2012 11:11 PM in reply to: mehatfie

hello,

in ilogic how can i create sectional views in drawing sheets and detail view also for appropriate positions.

Thanks

karthick

Mentor
mehatfie
Message 112 of 121 (1,442 Views)

Re: i-Logic sectional views

09-14-2012 05:25 AM in reply to: karram

Hi Karthick,

In my original code I had a function that created Detail Views. If you look there then you should be able to use most of the function and I'm sure you should be able to insert the Section View Code from the API and make a function for that as well from the bases of the code.

Regards
Mitch

Contributor
karram
Message 113 of 121 (1,440 Views)

09-14-2012 05:32 AM in reply to: mehatfie

I am new for the creation of section view and detail  in i-logic. So i need more clarification about the code. I am not able understand your orginal code, its bit of confusing, because you used the your inventor model parameter like (inlet flange, outlet flage). So there iam not getting clearly. So pls guide me.

Thanks

Karthick

Mentor
mehatfie
Message 114 of 121 (1,437 Views)

09-14-2012 05:43 AM in reply to: karram

Hi Karthick, 

I believe the most helpful thing I can teach you is how to use the Inventor's API if you do not know how to do so.

If you go to the "Tools" tab and click on the "VBA Editor" Button,  a new window wwill pop up in Inventor. From here, press F2 and the object browser should open for the API.

Scroll through the classes in the side bar until you come to "DrawingViews," in the main window, a list should come up with all of the possible options that may be used from DrawingViews. You are looking for "AddDetailView." If you select this option by highlighting it and proceed to press F!, a new window will appear with the help options for this function. A description of everything required to use this function will appear here.

Let me know if you need further clarification

Regards

Mitch

Contributor
karram
Message 115 of 121 (1,409 Views)

09-19-2012 09:47 PM in reply to: mehatfie

Hello,

1. I create sectional views in Assembly model.
2. In that how to get edge name in assembly model its very confusing to me.
3. Is there any tool, to displays the edge name or sketch name in inventor to make VBA code.
For example: Some of sample VBA program, they use( sketchline 1, drawcurve 1..).how to get these name in existing model.

Thanks
karthick

Mentor
mehatfie
Message 116 of 121 (1,393 Views)

09-21-2012 05:36 AM in reply to: karram

Hi Karthick

I believe what you're seeing is code that they create the sketchline in. Since they are creating it, you can name it and keep track of this line if you want to use it in further code. The drawcurve is probably a similar concept.

In my code I created a search engine, where you enter the length of the line, orientation, and other descriptive comments to specify which line you are looking for. If you look back to my descrpition of the CreateLinearDimension, you should be able to understand the type of search engine you'd need to create. You can also refer to the code file for reference in creating your own.

Regards

Mitch

Distinguished Contributor
sergelachance
Message 117 of 121 (1,155 Views)

02-08-2013 03:23 AM in reply to: karram

Hi all!

I just want to create a automatic isoview at my first page of my assembly who are at my second page, all with ilogic, anybody abble to help me :smileyhappy:

Thanks!

Active Contributor
shirazbj
Message 118 of 121 (1,130 Views)

02-13-2013 03:42 AM in reply to: karram

Hi Mitch,

Great work.

I am trying to follow you to figure out how to dimensioning a circle.

Peter

wr.butler
Message 119 of 121 (757 Views)

Re: iLogic Coding to Create Automated Drawing

08-20-2013 11:02 AM in reply to: karram

Hi,

I'm new to all this Ilogic programming and tried your example files provided but have the following error when runnig it:

ERROR MESSAGE

Error in rule: Drawing Automation, in document: Hang_Beam.iam

Paramètre incorrect. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070057 (E_INVALIDARG))

MORE INFO

System.ArgumentException: Paramètre incorrect. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070057 (E_INVALIDARG))

at System.RuntimeType.ForwardCallToInvokeMember(String memberName, BindingFlags flags, Object target, Int32[] aWrapperTypes, MessageData& msgData)

at Inventor.Documents.Add(DocumentTypeEnum DocumentType, String TemplateFileName, Boolean CreateVisible)

at LmiRuleScript.CreateDrawing_PlaceViews(String PartNumber, Double DrawingViewScale, String ViewsToPlace, Boolean AssemblyDrawing, DrawingView& oBaseView, DrawingView& oView2, DrawingView& oView3, DrawingView& oView4)

at LmiRuleScript.Main()

at Autodesk.iLogic.Exec.AppDomExec.ExecRuleInAssembly(Assembly assem)

at iLogic.RuleEvalContainer.ExecRuleEval(String execRule)

Can you help me?

Actually, what I would like to have is a command button in my ipt and iam files to generate an automatic drawing with the views, proper scaling of the views depending on the sheet size, automatic centerlines, and parts list. All this to minimize the number of clics!! BTW I use Inventor Pro and Vault 2014

Thanks,

kylenilsen
Message 120 of 121 (537 Views)

10-24-2013 09:26 AM in reply to: karram

I get the same error message as above commentor.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube