Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iLogic - Access parameters between drawings

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
WillRS
463 Views, 1 Reply

iLogic - Access parameters between drawings

Hello,

I have set up a drawing template file with multi-value text parameters. However, older drawing files do not contain those parameters.  I would like to set up an iLogic external rule that I can run from an older drawing file that will get the new multivalue text parameters from the template file and add them to the old drawing.

Is it possible to use iLogic in a drawing file to access parameters from another drawing file?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
danvang
in reply to: WillRS

You definitely write an external rule to do this but a quick and easy way is to just export the parameters from your new template to an xml file. Place it some where so you can use it again. Then import the xml into the old drawing. The import and export is located in the Manage tab>Parameters panel. BTW, you can just export parameters that are flagged as Key. That's done by clicking the Options button in the Export to XML dialog. Hope that helps.

** If my reply resolves this issue, please choose "Accept as Solution" **
Dan Vang

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report