Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iAssembly size change

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
NachitoMax
221 Views, 1 Reply

iAssembly size change

Hi

i am building a model that will be used over various projects. i am looking at making it into an iAssembly because there are only a few variations of sizes. That said, i created the base model in skeletal model and the assembly is driven from this. How then, can i make my model into an iAssembly that allows me to change the depth / width of my model without needing to open the base model. When i open the base model and change it, everything changes globally hence the iAssembly 🙂

Cheers

Nigel

Nacho

Automation & Design Engineer

Inventor Programmer (C#, VB.Net / iLogic)

EESignature

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
NachitoMax
in reply to: NachitoMax

I take that as a no then lol. Why does Autodesk suggest the method of skeletal base modelling only to have the iAsemblies severely limited but the use of this method......

Here is where i am at so far....

my Skeletal model controls the sizes of the parts & assemblies

my Assembly is now an iAssembly with a talbe of the sizes i need.

my iAssembly contains iLogic to change the paramater within the base model

i can change my table and my ilogic kicks in to change the base model

Good right? well, no actually. when you place the iAssembly into a drawing sheet, it appears with he currently selected iAssembly. i can place a view from the selected variants. When i add a different view, all of the othe views change along with it when they are supposed to retian the individual sizes.

thus, it is not working as it should be.

Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks

Nacho

Automation & Design Engineer

Inventor Programmer (C#, VB.Net / iLogic)

EESignature

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report