Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hole names

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
715 Views, 3 Replies

hole names

Hello

i use hole feature names in hole table

i assign hole names attribute to hole feature but dont get attribute hole table

how to get hole names in hole table

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jdkriek
in reply to: Anonymous

You wont be able to include the hole feature names by default (from the part), that column in the hole table is used for Inventor's assignment tag name such as A1, ect. It will always pull the text from the tag on the hole in the drawing. Edit one of the tags and you'll see that the hole table updates accordingly. 

You could however use the API to extract the feature names from the part and input them in to your hole table or edit each tag directly, but the values will be static. It would be nice if you could insert a variable into those tags, but you'll notice it's greyed out.

Jonathan D. Kriek
MFG Solutions Engineer
KETIV Technologies, Inc.

Message 3 of 4
skyngu
in reply to: jdkriek

hi, do yo have an example of this? thanks. I kindly want to do the same thing.

Autodesk Inventor Professional 2019
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I want almost the same thing. I would like to use the browser Name (feature name) in the hole note.

I rename the hole in the browser from "Hole53 ()" to "Connection 43"

When i do the hole note I would like it to read the browser text "Connection 43" and then add to it all the rest of the hole info.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report