Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

find macro

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
ADNpati
891 Views, 10 Replies

find macro

I am trying to simplify find tool as filter in AutoCAD in Inventor(please find attachment img1)  as shown in img3 creating a userform and selecting entities with category property straight away.

Is it Possible o do that???/

Mechanical Engineer
Inventor Applications Engineer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If my solution seems to remedy your problem, please press the Accept Solution button, Some KUDOS -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
jletcher
in reply to: ADNpati

Can you explain a little better I don't understand.

You want the find in Inventor as a macro in Autocad?

And what is this for in Autocad?

Message 3 of 11
ADNpati
in reply to: jletcher

Hey lectcher,

if we  want to select occurrences or sub occurrences with properties, we have find tool in inventor (On Browser) to select depending upon requirement.

Am writing a macro(tool) to select occurrences and sub occurrences of an assembly(having Occurrences) using properties defined to those occurrences and suboccurences.

For example, if you are designing a heavy machine, and want to change properties of sub components, instead of going into assembly and selecting, a macro with userfdom pointing to property we are looking for and a find command button.

Did you get idea of what I want to do??/ Please let me know and I will try to explain it more elaborately.

Find the attachments,  may help you to undrstand.

best Regards.

Mechanical Engineer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If my solution seems to remedy your problem, please press the Accept Solution button, Some KUDOS -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 4 of 11
jletcher

Ok I understand what you are after trying to think if I could get I logic to do this..

Is it one property you will look  for or will there be different properties?

Do you have a list of properties you wish for the user to have access to be able to change?

Do you only want subs assemblies properties or the part within the sub also?

With this information I will be able to see if ilogic can do this or VB....

Message 5 of 11
ADNpati

Hi letcher,
youu got it right, and we willl be using one property only (say category) slecting from list of values.

I have started writing in vba. Creatin user forms.

User will enter value of property, say, catrgory property and value as "infills" then all the infills should be highlighted. Weather subassemblies or parts within the main assembly.

Wat do you think my friend?? Does it gonna happen???

Best regards,
AD

Mechanical Engineer

Message 6 of 11
ADNpati

Got it Slved!!!!!!!!Smiley Happy 

After 10 hrss of coding and searching....!!!!!!!!!!!! yay!!!!!!

Rhnaks For the concern jletcher..

Mechanical Engineer

Message 7 of 11
jletcher

Great glad to hear it...

Message 8 of 11
GeorgK

How did you solved it?

Message 9 of 11
ADNpati
in reply to: GeorgK

Hello,

Created userform with combobox and commmad button.

added data to combobox and used select property in vba.

It worked.

Mechanical Engineer

Message 10 of 11
GeorgK

Please could you poste your code. Thank you very much.

Message 11 of 11
ferdous.ahmed

Hello there,

I am a mechanical intern at a design company and I am trying to write a code which will ask to assign category upon pressing "save" button. I did that pretty easily. But now I am told that my input category should be compared with a list of categories if it is not one of the category from the list then it will show me a message. Could you please provide some comments regarding it..

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums