Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

conversion of 32bit addin to 64bit

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
RWaln
603 Views, 2 Replies

conversion of 32bit addin to 64bit

I have also been tasked with upgrading an Inventor Addin created for a 32bit XP to use for 64bit Windows 7 and Inventor 2013.  I have converted the programs for VS2010 and the compiles Setup works fine for 32 bit, but not for the 64bit machines.  The present Installer class in the program does use Registration Services which register the dll incorrectly for the 64 bit machines (this I have gleened from other posts), but I still do not understand how to modify the code to create a Setup which will use the 64bit framework regasm. 

The Install Sub (Uninstall looks sim):

PublicOverridesSub Install(ByVal stateSaver As System.Collections.IDictionary)

MyBase.Install(stateSaver)

Dim regSrv AsRegistrationServices = NewRegistrationServices()

regSrv.RegisterAssembly(MyBase.GetType().Assembly, AssemblyRegistrationFlags.SetCodeBase)

EndSub

I have also attempted removing this install/uninstall code and registering the dll manually using regasm with little luck.

Any help or direction would be appreciated.  THANK YOU

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
nmunro
in reply to: RWaln

Inventor 2013 can use registry based installation for 64 bit add-ins but you are far better off using the non-registry based installation. There are lots of posts and articles on how to convert a registry based install to the new style. A search here or on the web should get you pointed in the right direction.

https://c3mcad.com

Message 3 of 3
xiaodong_liang
in reply to: nmunro

Hi,

firstly, I'd recommend this AU class in which my colleauge Philippe delivered on the best pratise on Inventor add-in. I think the content answers your question.

http://au.autodesk.com/?nd=class&session_id=9028

In addition, I agree nmunro. The registry-free add-in would be more helpful to you.  In API help reference there is one topic 

[Registry-Free Add-In] which you could get started with.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report