Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a program who control autodesk inventor professional 2013

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
schroyen9
786 Views, 4 Replies

a program who control autodesk inventor professional 2013

Hello,

I'm here in the goal of my work.

My boss told me to do a program who'll control some functions of autodesk inventor professionnal 2013.

Via an other pc with a program in java or labview, i send the command i want via a serial port and the command will do on the program inventor.

The functions who interess me are : zoom, translation and rotation.

Is it possible? Where are the driver of inventor i need to use? Must i do an other driver or a dll?

Faithfully,

Thomas

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mucip
in reply to: schroyen9

Hi,

Looks posible...

You need to familiar with the API programing. It's good start point below page:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=17324828

You may read any command from serial port with VB Express (It's free!) and translate it to Inventor actions...

If you give more details about your goal then we may give you more detailed suggestions maybe.

Regards,

Mucip:)

Message 3 of 5
schroyen9

First of all, thank you for you response and your interest

Simply,

I just need to know the dll who do the action Zoom,Rotation and Translation of the program inventor. And if you know, the classname of the program to have an handle to use it.

My goal is to control the program via an other program that i create myself (in java or labview). So i need an handle on it and the dll to control the program.

Faithfully,

Schroyen9

Message 4 of 5
schroyen9
in reply to: mucip

First of all, thank you for you response and your interest

Simply,

I just need to know the dll who do the action Zoom,Rotation and Translation of the program inventor. And if you know, the classname of the program to have an handle to use it.

My goal is to control the program via an other program that i create myself (in java or labview). So i need an handle on it and the dll to control the program.

Faithfully,

Schroyen9

Message 5 of 5
mucip

Hi,
All your demands are possible with API. Please try to be familiar in VB Express and using Inventor API...

Regards,
Mucip:)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report