Inventor Customization

Message 1 of 5 (280 Views)

View label in Base Veiw / drawing

280 Views, 4 Replies
11-25-2008 11:56 AM
Each time when I place a part in base view, have to follow few steps; go through view label, format Text, than choose type option - [Properties-Model] and its property - [Part Number], than placing dimensions. it takes long time and very repetitive, especially, when placing a hundreds of parts and I was wondering if there is an option, to set up view label; [Properties - Model ]& [Part number], as a DEFAULT. So, each time placing a part, in base view it will come up with correct label. Also, overall dimensions, can it be retrieve using parameters of the part? Thank you!
*Brian Ekins \(Autodesk\)
Message 2 of 5 (280 Views)

Re: View label in Base Veiw / drawing

11-26-2008 02:03 PM in reply to: Leanoke

Attached is a simple macro that sets the view text
and turns it on.
--
Brian Ekins
Autodesk Inventor API

href="http://blogs.autodesk.com/modthemachine">http://blogs.autodesk.com/modthemachine
Message 3 of 5 (280 Views)

11-27-2008 10:56 AM in reply to: Leanoke
hello Brian, thank you, what is the next step, how to create macro?
Active Contributor
jpchaisson
Message 4 of 5 (153 Views)

Re: View label in Base View / drawing

04-18-2012 07:08 AM in reply to: *Brian Ekins \(Autodesk\)

Brian,

Can you please email me this code from this post? I believe this is exactly what IM needing, IM a little confused with your if statement I think it didn't download right there's no separation I think there should be a few commas in there.

Message 5 of 5 (137 Views)

04-19-2012 02:44 AM in reply to: Leanoke
Hi Brian,

Could a similar macro be used to place custom/user Properties into the view label?

Cheers, Mick

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube