Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variable iProperty Data on placed Components in an Assembly?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
470 Views, 1 Reply

Variable iProperty Data on placed Components in an Assembly?

OK, I thought this should be easy but I'm stumped.

I want to create numerous custom properties for a part. Some of these will be the same for all instances of the part (i.e. vendor, part number, etc).  But some have to vary from instance to instance.

So, as an example - if I place 5 identical tanks into my assembly I need to assign unique text entries for each of these 5 instances (i.e. TANK-01, TANK-02, TANK-03, etc)

Futhermore, all these textual properties have to be able to be shown physically on the part (for identification on plots) and extractable for BOMs, etc.

Can anyone please help point me in the right direction?  It seems that any custom iProperties I set up are global for all instances of the part.

Thanks in advance,

Jim

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
nmunro
in reply to: Anonymous

Properties are associated directly with the document object so they won't do what you want (without a lot of work). If you are doing this programatically, have a look at Attributes. You can add pretty much any type of information via attributes and each component occurrance can have separate attributes.

https://c3mcad.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report