Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VBA and iLogic Design Copy

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
bennywise578
782 Views, 3 Replies

VBA and iLogic Design Copy

I have two questions - one simple and one more complex, in my opinion. As of now I have a user form where one can enter a variety of values, hit a button, and it writes these values to a designated excel sheet. My first question is how would I be able to allow the user to change one value and have the rest of the entered values change based on this one value. For example if someone were to change the ID # of a part then the height and width would change corresponding to that ID number and would be displayed in the user form. I'm new to VBA so my thought process is kind of trash at the moment...

My second question is whether or not it is possible to write a vba program/macro that automatically utilizes iLogic Design Copy and makes copies of an assembly and continues to copy said assembly while adding a constantly increasing suffix ie -01, -02, -03... for a given number of times. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
MjDeck
in reply to: bennywise578

About the second question: There is no way to use iLogic Design Copy from VBA.  All you could do from VBA is to launch the command, and then you would have to fill in the values by hand in the dialog.

Mike Deck
Software Developer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 4
bennywise578
in reply to: MjDeck

That's unfortunate.

I'm trying to think of an alternative way to make copies of the same frame template without the frames being linked together such that each of those frames can be fully customizable. The only way I've been able to do this is through a combination of iLogic rules, excel, and iLogic Design Copy. I'm trying to transition into VBA in an effort to find a more efficient way to do this or to speed this process up. If you or anyone have any suggestions, please let me know, thanks.

Message 4 of 4

Hello,

Have you found a solution to set up 'Ilogic design Copy' with VBA or Ilogic

Thank you.

Louis-Philippe

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report