Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[VBA] Inv2012 + Surface / Extend

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
mario.lung
672 Views, 4 Replies

[VBA] Inv2012 + Surface / Extend

Hi,

how i can create with vba a surface Extend

take a look picture

thx for help

Marioextend.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi Mario,

That would be logically from the "PartComponentDefinition.Features.ExtendFeatures", however this object doesn't expose any "Add" method, which mean ExtendFeature cannot be created yet from the API.

Sorry for the bad news.

Regards,

Philippe.

Philippe Leefsma
Developer Consultant
Developer Technical Services
Global Subscription & Support

Autodesk EMEA

www.autodesk.com/joinadn

Philippe Leefsma
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 3 of 5

Hi,

sorry for posting the same question twice (http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Inventor-API-PartFeature-question/td-p/3931800). Did the situation improve in version 2013 or 2014?

Another question in the same context:

When I use the transcripting-tool and do the extension, I see the following code in the .tf-file:

ActiveDocument.Execute("Document1","Create Extend","Edges=[0 T::3 P::[0x40000000 0x4031ffc9 0x66667000 0x3ecc5666 0xbbbbbbbd 0x400c1ea4 ] B::[16],];Bodies=[Document1.PmDCSegment.41,];Edge2Body=[0,];ExtendType=1;TerminationType=1;Distance=10;AllowRetry=1;AllowIgnore=0;")

Shouldn't it be possible to use this line of code in VB?

When I try to do this, the code doesn't work and drag & drop of the .tf file into the Inventor window doesn't work either. Do you have an idea why?

Thanks a lot, 

Stefan

Message 4 of 5

The transcript code cannot be run in VB or any other language directly. Only the existing methods can be invoked from the API. Unfortunately ExtendFeatures cannot be created yet from API.

Regards,

Philippe.

Philippe Leefsma
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 5 of 5

Hi, 

I hope reviving an old question isn't a problem. I'm trying to do this in 2017 Inventor, and it doesn't seem to have been resolved. Can anyone confirm?

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report