Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VBA Date Picker for Inventor 2014 64-Bit

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
ccoomes
1536 Views, 4 Replies

VBA Date Picker for Inventor 2014 64-Bit

I am creating a userform in VBA and I need to be able to add dates with a Date Picker.

Can someone please tell me how to get a date picker into a Userform in Inventor 2014 64-Bit VBA?

I have added the Microsoft Date Picker V6.0 into the 32 Bit System, but I cannot get it to show in the Inventor VBA Module...

We can do it by using 2 serpeate text boxes (Day, Month & Year) but our preferred method is with a date picker (As Excel, Access etc).

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
philippe.leefsma
in reply to: ccoomes

The VB6.0 DatePicker control is a 32-bit component. As any other control exposed by MSCOMCT2.OCX, it won't work when used in-process within a 64-bit application.

Your best option would be probably to drop VBA, as it becomes more or less a deprecated technology, and migrate your code to a Vb.Net add-in. We have multiple resources that can help you getting started with Vb.Net Inventor add-ins:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=17324828

https://github.com/ADN-DevTech/Inventor-Training-Material

Regards,

Philippe.

Philippe Leefsma
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 3 of 5
skyngu
in reply to: philippe.leefsma

hi,

is that final answer? the company just upgraded from 2012 to 2014 64bit. We lost date picker in VBA form.

thanks.

Autodesk Inventor Professional 2019
Message 4 of 5
philippe.leefsma
in reply to: skyngu

Well, as long as you stick with the VBA/64-bit combination, I'm afraid you won't be able to use those controls. I suggested workarounds in my previous reply.

Another suggestion would be to create a .Net dll that wraps the required controls. You should then be able to reference the .Net dll from the VBA project and use it. This would prevent migrating the whole VBA code to .Net but sounds like a cheap workaround.

Regards,

Philippe.

Philippe Leefsma
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 5 of 5
skyngu
in reply to: philippe.leefsma

thanks.
Autodesk Inventor Professional 2019

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report